“Awesome!!!”

Sirens Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We have stayed at the place already two times. If you want a place to relax and a great service – that is it!!!
Graham goes every extra mile. The rooms are great and specious, extra blankets to keep you warm. There is also a central heating.

A quick note for some people who have complained about the artwork around the house. For God sake, I suggest these people to write a letter to ask to close Louvre or Hermitage-))))

There is a style in the collection and very famous pictures. Just fabulous!!! Thanks Graham. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sirens Bed And Breakfast

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed at the Sirens B&B for one night only during a romantic weekend away from the kids. It was only one in the area that would offer a 1 night stay, which is a huge plus in my book. Every other place we asked at insisted we stay for 2 nights minimum. That just didn't fit with our plans, so Sirens it was. And it was lovely. The place is full of gorgeous little antiques and nick-nacks... I could have been amused for hours just checking out the vast collection of wine glasses and antique service-ware. The host was away at the time we checked in, but he was very apologetic that he could not be there to welcome us. However, he was very helpful and accommodating with our self check-in, and most friendly when we met at breakfast the next morning.

Bed was comfortable, all was clean and well kept. Good hot water. Breakfast was lovely - poached egg with toast and tomato - and cooked perfectly well for my liking. Some of the other guests had asked for soft boiled eggs, but they were a little too soft, with some of the white not being cooked properly and they couldn't eat it. There is an extensive range of teas available for guests at any time, as well as ports, brandys and other liqueurs. Those little touches just added a lovely sense of delight and I felt really spoiled.

The one thing that shocked me (yes, shocked me!) was the sheer amount of artwork that involved nudity and even some very questionable positions!! Boobs everywhere! And even a few other bits. I can appreciate the beauty of some nudity in artwork, but this much was just crazy. It was all over the place - even in the corridors! And it wasn't only in paintings either. Statues and carvings were also dotted around the place, crowding table tops and mantle-pieces. It was too much for me. I just felt like I was bombarded with "sex" all over the house. I know we were away for a romantic weekend, but that doesn't mean I want this stuff in my face all the time.

Overall, it was pleasant enough... we didn't end up hanging around the hotel very much. But it was a comfortable base to return to. I probably wouldn't stay there again if I could help it, due to the excessive in-your-face artwork around the place, but I can't complain about the service and quality of the furnishings.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Songflower
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We spent 3 nights at Sirens and if, like us, you are not really fans of “Olde Worlde”, you will still be captivated by the quirky and totally eccentric decor; if you are antique/bric-a-brac lovers, you will think you have died and gone to heaven! The accommodation was excellent all round (spacious rooms, comfy bed, electric blankets, even a stool and vanity unit in the bathroom next to the hair dryer for us ladies!) and the cooked English breakfasts superb. Our affable host, Graham, was a mine of information and couldn’t have been more helpful. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aud2811
Reviewed 8 November 2009

The beds were super comfy, the bathrooms modern and clean with an excellent shower, the games room in the attic (with a pool table) was fun, the location was very convenient for non-car people, the breakfast was large and delicious, the host Graham was kind and friendly and it was all excellent value. What more could you want?
Oh yes, the art makes it. This really is a kooky place. We recommend.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2009

My partner and I spent two nights at Sirens B&B Katoomba and loved every minute of it. From the warm welcome, to the open fire at night, not to mention the spa ... perfect in every way. There's a great outdoor BBQ area where we enjoyed a glass of wine at the end of an amazing bush walk through the Blue Mountains - Jamison Valley. The views are spectacular!! There is so much to do in the region and Sirens is perfectly located to take advantage of it all. One night we took a stroll up to the Carrington hotel and enjoyed a cocktail on the balcony. We had planned to have dinner there that night but there was a wedding in the main dining room. A stroll across the road to a great little French restaurant was the solution. Great food and great atmosphere. I'd certainly recommend Sirens to anyone wanting to explore the Blue Mountains region. Graeme is the perfect host. Nothing we asked for was any trouble. He made us feel so welcome. And the house is beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple