“A little disappointing”

Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant is perched at the very edge of the Jamison Valley at Echo Point in the Blue Mountains. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas of the National Park from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always dramatic and breathtaking views. All this and only 90 minutes from Sydney! We are an intimate boutique Hotel offering a more personal style of service and an intimate atmosphere that is only found in boutique establishments. Our award winning eclectically designed building has 10 Deluxe View Rooms, 2 Corner View Suites, and 2 Superior Cliff View Rooms - all with en-suites, contemporary & stylish furnishings, generous indoor and outdoor seating areas to allow guests to soak in the views as well as the lush cool air of the rainforest valleys below. There are open fire places throughout the Hotel, an ambient bar/lounge as well as a private spa and sauna offering an array of soothing treatments. Echoes' Restaurant is set against the magnificent backdrop of Echo Point in the Blue Mountains with incomparable views of the Jamison Valley, surrounding cliff drops and lush rainforest valleys stretching all the way to the Mittagong, 80 kms away. The fresh air, myriad sounds of the bush and marvelous views are a feast for your senses whilst delighting in our creative cuisine and carefully selected high quality boutique Australian wines.
Newcastle, Australia
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here previously and it was just spectacular. However this visit was honestly a little disappointing. We could not fault the service or the atmosphere, however the food was quite frankly extremely overpriced. It was ok, the food was fine, but for the prices you're paying I'd expect more complex flavours and a little more imagination. The lamb was bland and served with simple peas and mash, essentially. Still, a lovely evening.

Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Restaurant - Blue Mountains, responded to this review, 4 January 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at Echoes Restaurant at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for with our dinner service. Thank you for your comments regarding the service from our staff.

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured all issues raised will be addressed with our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
“A must visit!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

A beautiful view of the Jammison valley from your restaurant seat. The restaurant is very boutique which makes it feel intermittent. We had a beautiful long lunch and enjoyed the view over 3 courses and a bottle of wine. Food was delicious, would recommend the 'trio of desserts' AMAZING! Great service. I would also recommend lunch so you can take in that wonderful view in the day light. A must try when you visit the blue mountains!

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable "long" lunch and our team that looked after you.

I hope we can welcome you back to Echoes Restaurant in the near future.

Townsville, Australia
“Great service”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We recently dined at this restaurant on our trip to the Blue Mountains, we had pre-booked as we were staying at the neighbouring property and noticed that it looked fairly busy. Firstly, the service was very good, some of the staff still have a bit to learn for fine dining but this isn't a major city and overall they did a solid job.
The food was cooked perfectly but I don't think was up to par in terms of creativity or premium ingredients compared to other restaurants I've been to in the same price bracket, couple this with a wine list that was a bit unimaginative and I feel that on this occasion, I can't give a higher rating.
There is a lot of potential here as it is a beautiful restaurant with breathtaking views and the cooking as I said was pretty spot on, it just needs a few more tweaks and creativity to bring it inline with its peers.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for with our dinner service. Thank you for your comments regarding the service along with the food and wine list feedback

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured all issues raised will be addressed with our Restaurant Manager.

Maryborough, Australia
“Average”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice view and a great atmosphere, we where welcomed but the service went downhill from there. We waited a long time for our meal considering there was only 4 people in the restaurant.I had to,ask for my water glass to be filled. I am not sure what the staff where doing but they seemed to be hiding. I was also very disappointed to be charged a service fee to use a credit card when we paid $30 for a steak pie!, ( a very nice pie however) over priced and underwhelming

1 Thank 61pixie

Brisbane, Australia
“Great view”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice room with small balcony flowing onto back garden overlooking the Jammison Valley, only 14 rooms here so it's quite personal. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Visited April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable dinner and our team that looked after you.

I hope we can welcome you back to Echoes Restaurant in the near future.