“Beautiful breakfast with friendly service”
Review of Blue Hour Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Hour Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a small Cafe, but highly recommended. We had a fabulous Brunch for Two and it has freshly ground coffee and thus the best Coffee we had in the two weeks we were in Australia. We highly recommend this wonderful small, cozy and intimate cafe. And it has a brandnew installed toilet which most cafes in the area do not have.
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Had a very tasty breakfast with good coffee and herbal tea. I had the pancakes with bananas whilst my wife had the smoked salmon with poached eggs. We both enjoyed the atmosphere in this small cafe

1  Thank Bellhops

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was one of the few cafés open on the main road of Katoomba at 9am on a Sunday. We came here for breakfast. The cafe had a nice atmosphere and the service was good. The menu selection was appealing and the food was reasonably priced and on the cheaper side for the places we saw in the area. The caramel milkshake was delicious, but we were a bit disappointed that it only filled half of the admittedly large glass that it came in. The smoked salmon and the chorizo and potato omelette were delicious. We would happily come back here if in the area.

1  Thank JonHSydney
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stopped at Blue Hour for a late lunch after hiking in the Blue mountains. Its a cute cafe with tasty small plates and a decent wine selection. The staff was friendly and I'll return next time I'm in Australia.

1  Thank Chritty_13
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

A cold, drizzly Sunday morning found hubby and I in the Blue Hour for breakfast.

As locals, we go past here all the time but we're always rushing around and haven't made time to stop. I'm so glad that today we did!

We both enjoyed bacon and eggs (him poached, me scrambled) with toast (him sourdough, me rye) and he had a side of beans (cannelli beans with tomatoes and herbs) which caused a serious case of food envy in me. A simple, but very delicious brekkie that was cooked perfectly and served quickly. Great coffee too which pleased us both.

We enjoyed everything so much we stayed for another coffee and a sneaky extra bit of rye toast.

We'll be back - soon!

2  Thank SujoyP
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had a great breakfast there with a plate of bacon and eggs served with sour dough toasts, accompanied by a big pot of tea; all for $10. The service was very good and the proprietress very courteous and professional. The menu looked interesting together with other items. I will make a return visit soon.

1  Thank BluebirdOverRainbow