“This cafe is like a tree house and very unique”
Review of Yellow Deli

Yellow Deli
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Katoomba
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Wollongong, Australia
“This cafe is like a tree house and very unique”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Whenever you are in the Blue Mountains and in particular Katoomba you really must stop in here to at least have a coffee. I always bring new visitors to this cafe just to experience the unique food and decor.

Do yourself a favour and have a look.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GypsysTravel

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Singapore
“Honest Food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thumbs up for the cute interior decor. Its like dining in the hobbit house. Menu is limited and always crowded.

Was there on a Sunday evening around 5pm. Waited less than 10 minutes before getting a small table under the stairway. Simply loved the ambience and the way the staff dressed!

Ordered a broccoli potato soup which comes with a artisan bread (a bun with sundried tomato and some herbs) and a roast beef ham sandwiches. No drinks. Spent around A$28. We waited for more than 40 minutes but it is worth. Honest delicious food made from basic ingredients. But the portion is not sufficient for us. Quite pricy but nothing is cheap in Katoomba. At least we get quality food for the price we paid.

1 Thank SereneSwee
Singapore, Singapore
“A little disappointing from the great recommendation”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had my lunch in this hobbit like cafe. The generally are nice, just that the cafe is rather small and cramp and is usually full house. Hence, I would recommend making a reservation if you could. The staff took quite awhile to take the orders but the staff did kindly told me to wait. This is something I would appreciate, at least i know the staff knows my existence. Thumbs up for this! I had a deli rose and a green chai latte. The deli rose is a roasted beef sandwich served with potatoe chips. The bread is nice and soft, but the beef is rather salty and the sauce are overwhelming that with every bite, the beef would slip and sauce will ooze out. Its kinda messy. Overall, it was pretty normal. Wasn't that fantastic from many reviews. However, the green chai latte is pretty nice. Do give it a try.

As for the menu for ordering, its kinda confusing for the portion of creating your own sandwich. Words are everywhere and no clear direction of what to choose next.

For couples who wishes for a quiet romantic cafe to chill at, this would not be one of them as its interior does not suits any romance theme and its quite noisy inside.

1 Thank Kevin_Kwa
Dublin, Ireland
“Yellow Deli FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed lunch here! Just did the North Face run in Katoomba and needed some good food. I love the interior, a lot of care has gone into its design. Food was great and enjoyed the selection of teas especially the Yerba mate. Staff were super friendly. Really recommend this place for lunch. Open till 10pm also.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank cianmcdermott
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
“Give this place a miss”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have just returned home following my last visit to The Yellow Deli. Not once, twice but three times over 12 mtgs my order has been forgotten. I waited 45 min for service tonight. One time, I actually just walked out, no service. I've stood at the door waiting to be seated and just left with the lack of attention. I've continued to give my business there because of the vegetarian meals and wholesome food. They've changed the menu to more meat based and are chasing the commercial dollar opening 24 hrs. The veggie burger I ordered in place of the discontinued vegetarian nachos when I finally got it 45 mins later was average at best. There are other places to eat in Katoomba that are a lot better and you don't feel like a 2nd class citizen if eating on your own. I feel they've lost their direction. Give it a big miss if your time is important to you, not worth the trouble.