“6 years later, still one of the best things ever done on vacation!!!”

Blue Mountains Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: One hundred kilometres west of Sydney, NSW, Australia lies one of nature's most magnificent creations, the World Heritage area of the Blue Mountains. Endless stretches of sandstone cliffs, dramatic waterfalls and hidden canyons, a landscape of stunning natural beauty. It provides a fantastic environment for the thrilling adventure activities of abseiling, canyoning, rockclimbing, mountain biking and bushwalking - a lifetime's worth of adventuring is to be had in Sydney's backyard!check out our website for the best fun you can have in Sydney: your next Blue Mountains Adventure!
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I have no idea why it has taken me so long to review this. Planning a trip around the world required some faith, but the staff at BMAC was extremely helpful and encouraging to try the canyoning and abseiling -- I didn't even know what it was about in the beginning. They made it very easy to plan and get to the start site from Sydney. The train trip was scenic and wonderful. The morning of abseiling (down a waterfall!)and afternoon of canyoning was truly a highlight of my whole trip Down Under. I still remember the picnic lunch and fun guides. Loved it so much I wanted to do it in the Alps, but weather did not permit. Thanks BMAC!! If you get a chance, do this !!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thanks for the lovely review, that was a great read. The train trip from Sydney is a very beautiful and one and very easy, and we are of course glad that you liked your adventure with us too!
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review so long after your adventure! It's nice to know that the experience stuck in your brain.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

A half day abseiling adventure was a gift for my husband (62) and me (59) from our son. Tied with half day rock climbing it was going to be an exciting challenge. Due to the Bushfires we relocated to a safe site for the abseiling, and postponed the rock climbing.

Previously apprehensive about heights I found the guide patient, understanding, knowledgable, and confidence inspiring. And just firm enough when I hesitated for which I am very grateful as I acheived a wonderful 30m abseil during the morning. I felt safe at all times.

The company have granted us the opportunity to fulfil the other half of our experience - rock climbing - at a later date - something I considered most generous as it was offered with grace and enthusiasm for us having a complete experience. Will probably take the son along!

Thanks for your review Sharon, sorry that we had to change the planned activity, but safety is an obvious priority and we are very glad that you enjoyed your experience regardless. We hope to see you for the other half of your adventure in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The day was excellent and the guide was very friendly. I would love to do it again and although I am only 10 I still managed to do it easily with out getting hurt but it was still a great thrill! The lunch that that they provided was delicious! They made me face some of my fears and I'm not afraid of them any more! Our guide was Eric (sorry if I spelt your name wrong!) and he is the friendliest guide we've ever had! We really enjoyed the trip and hope to do it again!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thanks for your great review. Sounds like you really enjoyed your adventure experience. Eric is a really cool guide and he does lots of programs with people of all ages - even young adventurers like yourself. If you liked Abseiling and Empress Canyon, and would like to come and join us for another adventure we would recommend that you check out Sheep Dip and Rocky Creek. It's got lots and lots of water jumps and water slides and stupid amounts of fun basically!
We hope that this adventure has given you a taste of the amazing Blue Mountains and you'll keep exploring by yourself too.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My friend had recommended this company to us and we went along for a canyoning tour. It was a fantastic day and one of the best things I have done in Australia. Our guide Cairo (I hope I am spelling that right, sorry if not) was really great even when I had a small hissy fit on each of the abseiling parts.

Really worth it - do it!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thanks Krisitina. And thanks too to your friend for the recommendation.
Cairo is an excellent guide, and we're not only proud of him but have external proof too! He has been formally recognised as "Guide of the Year" by his peers in the local guiding community and as "Young Employee of the Year" by the regional tourism organisation.
I wish we had your hissy fit on video as it sounds entertaining, but we'll have to settle for a reenactment from Cairo.
Cheers!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I hadn't planned to visit the Blue Mountains on my visit but decided to go on the spur of the moment. Best decision of my life- we took a trip out to Boar's Head rock, abseiled down, had lunch (provided) on a ledge looking out over the most fantastic view, then rock climbed back up. It was challenging but extremely enjoyable, the guide was an awesome dude and we had a good laugh, also learnt a lot about the sport and the surrounding area. Highly recommend doing this (but not if you are afraid of heights)

1  Thank Jarvis1318
Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

We are delighted that you enjoy the same adventures we do: abseiling, climbing, amazing views, good company, and good fun. And we absolutely agree with you: this particular adventure is only for those who aren't afraid of heights!
Thanks for your review and hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay in Australia.