“Friendly good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Blackburn's Katoomba Family Hotel
Ranked #37 of 89 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Friendly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I don't know if the previous reviewer went to the right hotel. Rooms were old, basic but clean and comfortable, staff very friendly and food delicious. The lounge area in the pub had a trivia night on and then an excellent band. We really didn't expect all this and had a great weekend at a very reasonable price. Best thing is the accomodation and old dining room is well away from the bar so ok for kids.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

New York City, New York
“Beyond disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

After many years of traveling the world independently, I can say that this is might be the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. Originally booked in for 2 nights, and arriving too late to find somewhere else, I couldn't get out of there fast enough the next morning. Wish I'd seen a review and had not been taken in by their website.

I thought I was getting a bargain - they are described as 'pub rooms' and I wasn't expecting anything too luxurious, but the whole place smells 'old', was last renovated - never, and judging by the other people staying there, including whoever urinated all over the bathroom, this is nothing but a flop house. I saw bugs in the bathroom, bugs in the 'lounge' and bugs in the fridge in the common area. Can't say anything about the restaurant as after seeing the accommodation, there is no way I would ever eat there.

Visited January 2011