“Great food (as long as you are not in a hurry)”
Review of Gustissimo - CLOSED

Gustissimo
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under new management
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We thought the quality of the food was excellent and we liked the atmosphere in the restaurant, even if the service was a little slow and our meals arrived at different times.

There are newer reviews for Gustissimo

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My fiancé and I arrived at Gustissimo, to be greated by no one for at least five minutes. There was only two other patrons in the restaurant.
We were seated, our order was taken and it was all down hill from here!
We ordered garlic bread - which was the only positive part of the menu.
We waited at least 45 minutes for two pasta dishes. My fiancé and I started to 'people watch'. The waiter ignored a couple who entered after us, taking the orders of 'newer' customers. During this time the chef was cooking with chilli, which made all of the customers, including us, cough and sneeze.
Our pasta dishes finally arrived and the description of disappointing and un-authentic is an understatement. I do not have proof, but I strongly believe that our pasta was made from home brand penne pasta. My tomato sauce was bitter. My fiancé's meal said that it used chilli infused olive oil, however, the dish used vegetable oil with chopped chilli.
While we were waiting for our next meal, pizza, the lies that the waiter was using was disgraceful.
The couple next to us asked for the tiramisu. The waiter said that the recipe was from a 120 year old recipe, that it was world reknown. The waiter then regretfully told the customers that the fridge was broken, and that tiramisu could not be served as there was no ice cream. Tiramisu can be served with ice cream, however, it is not the main ingredient. If the fridge really was broken, I question how they keep ALL of their ingredients fresh? He then told other customers that one of the chefs are from Rome and cooks the best pizzas.
Well, we received our pizza, and again I do not have proof, but I strongly believe that the pizza was a store bought frozen McCain pizza. We turned the burnt base over and saw uniform puncture holes throughout the base. The pizza was rubbish - honestly, it looked like garbage on a base. The cheese had solidified and there was way too much topping.
During our experience, the microwave was getting a work out, dinging every two minutes. My fiancé looked into to kitchen when the double doors opened and saw the head chef leaning up against a bench having a cup of tea. We over heard the waiter make a telephone call to ask a staff member to come in to help out with the influx of customers. However, he could not come in. An hour later, a 15 year old boy (no I am not joking) rocks on in, not knowing anything about the restaurant or the menu and is told by the head chef to make a seafood marinara. This new chef had no idea what seafood marinara was.
While this madness occurred, the phone rung very loudly, which was ignored by the waiter. It went to the answering machine, which could be heard throughout the while restaurant. The details of customers, such a phone numbers and bookings, were heard by all.
I find it so strange that there are great reviews on this place on trip advisor. Our experience was so unprofessional, tasteless, disappointing - dominos pizza would have been better. I do not have proof, but I would not be surprised if the owners have wrote these positive reviews.
Do not believe the lies on trip advisor or from the staff at Gustissimo!!! This is a scam - we paid 60 dollars for our dinner - subway across the road would have been tastier and cheaper!!

5  Thank Miss_shopper9
Reviewed 14 April 2014

10/10 - would recommend to anyone.
Made us feel very welcome, and the food was delish!
Owner was a character and a half - entertained us with his witty banter. Top bloke!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We took the risk to walk off the street. They found it a struggle to seat 7 of us and needed time to work out how to arrange the tables!! After more than an hour they told us they didn't have a particular food we ordered! Pizza was tasteless! Decor was weird. The poor waiter that served us tried his best thankfully. We felt sorry for him!! Try the Thai next door we were sorry we didn't!!

3  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Do not eat here. Unprofessional service. Table in an L shape! Food was very average with no flavor, if they had what we ordered. Had To wait an hour to tell me they had no pasta left. And What restaurant has no ice!

3  Thank Narelle M