“Lovely cafe, amazing talented young chefs that produce fantastic meals”
Review of Cafe Zuppa - CLOSED

Cafe Zuppa
“Lovely cafe, amazing talented young chefs that produce fantastic meals”
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

Frequent this cafe many times a week.
The chefs don't receive enough credit. They make entirely everything from scratch, which is why you wait 15 minutes for your food to be prepared, you wouldn't want ready made food just thrown in the microwave would you? Some of the chefs are young, one of them is 22 and there's one that is just 18 also!
The waitresses are all lovely and friendly, happy to chat as well as get you what you need. The staff have their own music, their own creativity in coffee art and hot chocolates, and they always come out hot. Things may take time, but its just like the saying " There is no substitute for quality". Quality is cafe Zuppa!!

Canberra, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow service for very ordinary cafe food.”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Incredibly slow service
The food was average cafe stuff with no effort made to make it taste or look better, eg, cheap buns & mayo.
Over priced for what it was.

1 Thank Batlow
Sydney, Australia
“Interesting experience.”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Definitely not the type of restaurant we usually go to but they had the food we wanted. It has a hippie vibe to it. We were given plastic cups instead of glasses to drink from, and I felt like my chair was going to crumble beneath me.
The food was very nice, but it wasn't the place for us. The ladies were quite helpful, however we wanted a fair while to pay while they had conversations with other customers.

• Visited October 2012
Wentworth Falls, Australia
“I was a regular until I was regularly ignored”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Being a local, my partner and I used to frequent this little cafe at the top of the hill quite often. My partner hated the food but I didn't mind it and I was able to order exactly what I wanted. We had to stop going because we both had terrible experiences with the waitstaff on multiple occasions when we went there alone. I was personally ignored on three separate occasions - and I don't mean just that they took a while to serve me, I mean that I came in, sat down and was not served at all. Others came in, were served, given drinks and even food, yet others came in and were also served and I had not even been approached. It was baffling. Was I becoming spontaneously invisible? That must be the case because the same thing happened three times and two of those times I had been acknowledged on entering and sat inside when the cafe was practically empty. This is extremely poor form for a business and it's difficult to handle when you're hungry (tired, impatient and emotional). This is a syndrome of many Katoomba cafes. They make a lot of money off the one-off tourist market and then they're inconsistent with the locals. Not impressed and running out of places to eat!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Bosstripper
“Especially friendly and helpful waiters and waitresses. Very quick service.”
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

I've dined here about 50 or more times in the last 5 years.
The food has always been good, the staff are a lovely mix of interesting people and the coffee is especially good.
It's really my "sort" of cafe. Clean, friendly service, take away, great fancy sandwiches and interesting window displays.
The big breakfast is especially good and the bacons always cooked just right.