“Terrible service”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Hornsby, Australia
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My partner and I were looking for somewhere to grab lunch in Katoomba during our stay. There were two free tables when we went in, one at the back near the kitchen that was clean, and one at the front window that had two milkshake cups on it. We asked if we could sit at the front and the waitress serving us got frustrated. She slammed the cups together and stormed off, and didn't return. We sat for about 15 minutes at the table that had been left dirty, noticing she was not busy but wasn't returning. We then left. If you're going to be a waitress then do your job. If customers want a specific table then you need to deal with the oh-so-huge inconvenience of cleaning it. And make sure to do the very important job of actually serving your customers after they have been seated.

3 Thank Barry O

Katoomba, Australia
“Time has not been kind”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The old days of The Blues Cafe and Zuppa... When Zuppa was owned by Gerad? It was the place to be, now sadly it's the place to avoid, poor service or maybe the staff think Im not trendy enough to be here! terrible food and incredibly unclean.... Better off eating out of the Toderellos scrap box than Zuppa! Sorry Zuppa

3 Thank Jilliey
Rangiora, New Zealand
“Good price, nice food...but”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had 25 minutes before my Explorer bus was due - and I was really needing some lunch. This cafe looked nice and offered all day breakfast. I asked how long for scrambled eggs and bacon - explaining my time restriction. No problem they said - will only take 6 minutes...
I took a seat outside - opposite the beautiful Carrington Hotel, so a nice outlook in the sunshine. The waitress was getting really annoyed with a grizzling small child - it was obviously just tired, but she was not happy, and her negativity was really stressing the poor Mum. Other diners weren't bothered; if anyone noticed they appeared sympathetic.
After 15 minutes my juice arrived... But no food - won't be long I was told... It arrived after 20 minutes - and was very nice, but as my bus came when I was only halfway through eating it, it was a bit disappointing!

Sydney, Australia
“Simple but quality food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this cafe for a late breakfast on a Sunday morning. Ordered a meat lovers all day breakfast and poached eggs on toast. Both were simple meals, just as described on the menu, but both were perfectly cooked and most enjoyable. Coffee was terrific. Freshly squeezed apple juice was tasty but unfortunately almost half the glass was sediment and proved too thick to drink. Total cost of the bill was a very reasonable $26.50. Service was prompt and friendly. Conveniently located at the top of the main street of Katoomba adjacent to the tour bus stop.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank klewi
Sydney
“Diabolical.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Quite possibly the worst meal I've had in recent memory.

Service was poor - abrupt waitress with glasses made us feel scared to ask a question. She was rude to several other customers while we were there.

Ordered the bacon and lentil soup, which had the texture and consistency of bile, and was made with generous amounts of pure bacon fat...but no actual bacon. The "bruschetta" consisted of walnuts and feta thrown onto Turkish bread - looked and tasted disgusting.

Overall a bland, utterly depressing experience, topped off with an additional charge incurred for paying by eftpos. I would not eat here again even if I was starving.

• Visited April 2014