“High Tea”

The Lounge at Lilianfels
Ranked #21 of 92 Restaurants in Katoomba
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lounge invites guests to relax in plush Victorian armchairs, curl up by the fireplace with a book, or simply gaze out over the spectacular views of the Jamison Valley. Afternoon tea is served in grand tradition daily and a stylish mahogany bar is the perfect setting for pre-dinner drinks.The Lounge offers all day dining from 11am to Late Monday to Sunday, sumptuous afternoon teas and refreshments served both inside and outside in the adjoining garden.
Reviewed 4 December 2013

You have to indulge in High Tea here. Feels very old world charm, opulent yet cozy! A very relaxing enjoyable experience.

Ralf B, General Manager at The Lounge at Lilianfels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at our Lilianfels Lobby Restaurant.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed the Restaurant and our team that looked after you.

I hope we can welcome you back to Lilianfels in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

High tea deluxe costs $65 and includes a glass of champagne, which was a good start. The ambience is great, with soft, cosy lounges and an elegant décor (but no views of the nearby escarpment). The food was OK, but uninspiring and certainly not at a standard to justify the $65 price with the exception of the rhubarb and chocolate dessert that was outstanding. The macaroons appeared to be store bought, and the sandwiches were not the dainty type that one associates with high tea, but rather the larger type that one associates with picnics, cut into 'soldiers'. The scones were good, but the cream had to be spread like butter. The wait staff provided good service, but we were surprised to be told that top ups of coffee or second cups of coffee were not available, although the tea drinkers could get a top up of hot water. At $65 per person a second pot of tea or cup of coffee should be par for the course and in fact, should be offered.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at our Lilianfels Lobby .

I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we did not meet your expectation. It’s defiantly not our standard and I will follow up with the Chef to investigate what went wrong.

We are proud to provide a great experience, and I would like to speak to you further to be able to discuss the raised issues.

Would you be able to email me with your contact details, on gm@escarpmentgroup.com.au

Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you want to give yourself a treat after a long hard walk in the Mountains, come to Lilianfels for afternoon tea. Push out the boat and have the champagne too.

Not cheap, but you've earned it!!

Ralf B, General Manager at The Lounge at Lilianfels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Lounge.

It fantastic to read that you gave yourself a treat, and enjoyed it. I am looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at lilianfels for the weekend and booked the high tea for Saturday afternoon. Given the reputation of the hotel our expectations were running high. The food was a complete let down: 3 uninspired and unappealing sandwiches, a small cream brullee, 2 coloured biscuits that looked like they had been bought from Woollies and two small chocolate flour biscuits which were unremarkable in taste and substance. There were also 2 scones with currants, jam and cream, which were not bad. We complained to the waiter and we asked him to take most of the inedibles back to the kitchen and bring us 2 more scones. He looked at us disapprovingly, said something about this being their standard far, and never came back.
Neither will we.

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Lounge.

I am very disappointed about your comments on the standard of the food and the Service you received.
This is of course not the standard we are known for. I will investigate your issues raised, and I hope you will accept my apologies.

If you would like to contact me directly, please email me on gm@lilianfels.com.au

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My partner and I stayed at Lilianfels for two nights and we decided to try the high tea at The Lounge at Lilianfels and we really enjoyed our experience.

1 - The service was outstanding. We felt like royalty because all the staff made us feel important, valued and appreciated.

2 - My partner enjoyed being called 'Sir'.

3 - The high tea was absolutely delicious.

4 - The atmosphere was classy, elegant and romantic.

5 - All the furniture looked lovely and was very comfortable and relaxing.

6 - This place is in a in a league of their own. Everything was just perfect.

7 - We are definitely coming back as we have now become die hard fans of this place.

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Lounge.

It’s fantastic to read that you had a great time and enjoyed your high tea.

I am looking forward to see you again soon