“good food, reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sanwiye

Sanwiye
Ranked #20 of 91 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“good food, reasonable price”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The food is delicious, good portion and very reasonable price.
Complimentary biscuit wafers at the end were to die for.
Service is also very good, friendly staffs.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Leura, Australia
“My favourite place to eat in Katoomba”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I've eaten at Sanwiye numerous times and I have never been disappointed. The service is lovely, servings are generous and the food is always extremely fresh. I recommend trying the steamed dumpling and ginger walnut tea.

• Visited November 2013
Katoomba, Australia
“I love Sanwiye!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Make sure you have cash - that's it's only downfall. The food is really good, big fresh servings, very generous. Great variety of food and our kids love it. The dumplings, chicken salad and large pancake are my favourite. Love their tea and the little biscuits they serve afterwards (hmmm where can I get those biscuits?). You need to try this place!

• Visited September 2013
New South Wales
“Generous servings, street food style, value for money”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

NOTE cash only. A huge selection of Korean food on offering, and the servings are big for the price you pay you wont need a dish each but bet you find it hard to not order as the choice is vast!

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was really looking forward to eating at this restaurant..so tonight our family of 5 went there to try it...

The meal started out well with nice entrees but when our mains came even though they all looked great as I started to eat my Chicken Bulgogoi I realised the CHICKEN WAS RAW....I immediately called the waitress over and she said "yes we don't cook it very much"...I said you can't serve raw chicken it could make me sick and she said she would cook it more...I then said I wanted beef as I didn't think raw beef would do me any harm....

When the beef Bulgogi came out I ate a bit of it but was worried that it may have been served on my raw chicken plate so I barely touched it....

I have eaten at Korean restaurants in the past but I wouldn't go back to this one....Hopefully I wont get sick later :(

• Visited September 2013