“Great Korean Food in Katoomba”
Review of Sanwiye

Sanwiye
Ranked #11 of 101 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Great little restaurant, great service, great food. So fresh and amazing flavours. Pan fried wonton is amazing. This place is sensational!!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to this restaurant tonight to celebrate our anniversary.
We went at 5.30pm and there was only one person there.
We were given a romantic couples table in the window.
The food surprised us. It was tasty and large in portions.
We als tried the Korean mango juice and the ginger tea.
Both drinks were very good however the ginger tea was excellent.
We had a very special anniversary meal here.
This is a small restaurant however a little gem.
By the time we left the restaurant was packed out. We walked by the restaurant 2 hours later and it was still packed out.
Thanks so much for the fantastic food and for making our anniversary special.
If we return to Katoomba we'll definately be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This is a really nice restaurant. It's Korean food of an excellent standard. It's small and busy...a good sign.
The food is well prepared and delicious. The staff friendly and helpful.
When it comes to the end of the meal and you want a hot drink go for their ginger tea....it's sensational.
Would I go back....yes.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Having stayed at Blue Mountains and had Thai food many times, I decided that we would have Korean food. Part of the reason is that when my daughter asked one of her colleague what restaurant he recommended, he said Korean restaurant.
Because the restaurant does not serve alcohol drink, I walked out to buy some beer.

To my surprise, when I got back, the food was already. I ordered Special food, which is beef with salad at the price of $19. My wife ordered stir-fried and my daughter soup.
All 3 food were below our expectation. In my case, the beef was not marinated, poorly fried (similar to steamed beef due to wrong heat use), with fresh mix-salad and a small dish of dressing. And some salt was added to the beef. I love Korean side dishes but we were not served at this restaurant. Instead they are sold separately.

We could have chosen the wrong food but judging from the way the food was prepared, I decided to write the negative review and hope the owner will make an improvement.

2  Thank John N
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This was a lovely restaurant to visit, in the main street of Katoomba. It is very small, so I'd recommend making a reservation to ensure you can be accommodated. We tried to eat here on Saturday night only to be told they were fully booked, luckily we could book in for Sunday night instead. I ate a delicious savoury pancake with prawns and vegetables, and sipped on scrumptious peach tea. The decor and artworks in the restaurant create a wonderful atmosphere, well worth a visit if you like Korean cuisine when in Katoomba.