“Perfect getaway destination”
Review of In My View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katoomba
In My View
Ranked #5 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2013

'In my view' and the Blue Mountains provided the perfect 3 day getaway. After being warmly welcomed by owner David we were shown our beautiful room then left to our own privacy to rest,relax and explore some of the magnificent walks and lookouts that this area is famous for.
Our room was tastefully decorated and the king size bed sooo comfortable.For any overseas visitors ( and Aussies) this destination provides a wonderful comfortable place to stay whilst emerging yourselves in the stunning Australian bush with all the conveniences of good cafes and restaurants. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms available each of equal standing
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for choosing In My View for your visit to Katoomba we appreciate you taking the time to complete a review

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed two night at in my view. It was an excellent experience for us especially to enjoy beautiful sunset from the deck of the room. It was very calm and quiet except for singing of birds. I hope to come back here next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I found In My View online, having never travelled to the Blue Mountains before. The quality of accommodation was consistent with the photos and even better in person with everything carefully thought of including the little details. The view from my room swept me off my feet, the location was perfect - quiet and convenient to the town and bushwalks - and I was wonderfully surprised by warm and inviting generosity of the hosts David & Decalie. I will be travelling up to the Blue Mountains each year now and In My View will be the only place I'll be staying. I loved every second!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Thanks David for a great get away for my partner and I over a weekend in March. Beautiful surroundings, beautiful furnishings, peaceful, serene, quiet .. just what we wanted. The bonus of the whole thing was the price ... fantastic value - again, just what we needed on a tight budget and again, thank you .... we will be back !!!!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. Had a lovely view across the road and was in a good place to base ourselves to explore the Blue Mountains. You would definitely be best to have your own car to stay here though, as you would have to walk quite a distance to get to places. David the owner was very friendly and welcoming and we felt very comfortable during our stay. Probably the only thing that I could see that may be an issue for some is stepping in and out of the jacuzzi that the shower was suspended over. I am not the most athletic person, and did find it a little difficult at times. Hot water is provided by gas, and sometimes it was a little hard to get just right initially. Overall though we would recommend it to couples that want an upmarket motel style unit with jacuzzi and kitchenette, in a quiet location with a great view. The number of stars in the sky at night you could see were amazing and it was just so quiet at night too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Last weekend was our second stay at In my View and it more than lived up to the wonderful memory that we had. We received a welcome back from David that made us feel like family, his relaxed, friendly manner making us feel at home from the moment we walked in. That said, once the check-in was done, we were left alone, with the separate guest parking and entrance to the 2 suites giving lots of privacy. The suite was immaculate, the bed amazingly comfortable and the huge spa bath a dream - particularly after 7 hours spent running through the mountains.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to do so, but the idea of sitting on the porch with a glass of wine looking at the amazing sunset over the mountains is something we hope to enjoy next time.

We often have difficulty in finding accommodation that matches the quality of what we are fortunate to enjoy at home. We believe that the level of the accommodation and the attention to detail at In my View far surpasses anything else that we have tried in Katoomba.

1  Thank smalltoad
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here last week and can thoroughly recommend this property. Very peaceful with a wonderful outlook. The standard of accommodation is very good, extremely clean and well thought out. Never been to the Blue Mountains before so choosing accommodation was a challenge, with so much on offer. But for couples who want some space, peace and views, this is the right place. David, the owner, extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Palais Royale Boutique Hotel
Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection
Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains

Been to In My View? Share your experiences!