“Very comfortable, welcoming, ideal spot for a weekend getaway”
Review of In My View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katoomba
In My View
Ranked #5 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Very comfortable, welcoming, ideal spot for a weekend getaway”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Wow, what a spot!

Amazing views with immaculate rooms and friendly service. This purpose built B&B made out anniversary extra special.

A big thanks to David for the advice on local cuisine and walks to do.

• Stayed September 2013
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
We really appreciate that you chose In My View to celebrate your anniversary and that it achieved your expectations. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to greeting you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
singapore
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This place has it all - the room is spacious, new and clean, comfy king-sized bed, and the most well-equipped bathroom my wife and I have ever encountered. From the quality sheets and towels (and even the tissues and toilet paper!) right down to the quality of toiletries provided, the hosts didn't scrimp on a single bit of detail - it really goes to show how much thought they have put into planning this property.

The location is very peaceful and view is fantastic - we arrived in the dark, and were pleasantly surprised the next morning when we stepped out onto the patio. As long as you have a car, it is pretty much convenient to go to the major tourist sights in the area.

David was also very warm and helpful, the perfect host!

A couple of things to note:
1) Please try to arrive before dark if you are not familiar with the area. Perhaps coming from a city nation, we were very unused to the pitch darkness, and then our GPS decided to bring us gallivanting which was not a very pleasant experience in the dark! (no fault of the hosts though. David had given us advice on how best to set our GPS but unfortunately it failed us. :( )

2) Thought the parking space was a little small for two vehicles, but really, that is just nitpicking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank swakooo
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you very much for your considered and insightful review. your comments and observations are greatly appreciated and certainly taken on board. Particularly the matters related to the car park which it is envisaged will be solved with some adjustments to the landscaping . Again thank you and we would love to welcome you back
Como, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

What more could you want! We were warmly welcomed by our hosts, David and Decalie, and after a brief but informative chat to help us plan our weekend, we settled in to wine on the deck with the magnificent views. The room was very spacious and clean and the bed was really comfortable
Everything was clean and crisp from the air to the linen! Being away from the main town was great and very quiet. I would thoroughly recommend this place for a getaway and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne J
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you Ladies firstly for taking the time to post a review and for your comments. We value your input and constantly review our practices in line points made
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We enjoyed a one night stay at In My View, having found it to be one of a very small number of properties in the Blue Mountains that does not have a minimum weekend two night stay requirement. David was extremely friendly and helpful with the booking and in providing recommendations on restaurants in the area and we were greeted very warmly by Decalie on our arrival and made to feel very welcome. The room was extremely quiet, clean and spacious and tastefully furnished. There are beautiful view across the valley from the deck and the property is very conveniently located, being remote enough to be peaceful and tranquil but with easy access to the shops and restaurants in Katoomba.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
So glad we could help make your night away enjoyable. It is a pleasure to serve people such as you and we look forward to greeting you again
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked two nights here, helped by their informative website. Spacious and well appointed room with quality linen and a very comfy bed. Beautiful view from the deck, especially at sunset. In a quiet part of Katoomba, away from the main tourist strip. Make sure you make time to visit Everglades garden in Leura.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you very much for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit hope that you think of us again when next in the Blue Mountains
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Based on the excellent ratings, we decided to book a weekend away at In My View and we were not disappointed. Upon our arrival, David warmly welcomed us and offered help and recommendations on what to do and see. Our room was spacious, very clean and perfect for our weekend away. The view from the deck was spectacular, with the accommodation located in a quiet part of town. We really enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to returning sometime soon. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay at In My View - you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Firstly thank you for choosing In My View we are so glad we could be part of your weekend away and that you had such an enjoyable time. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spacious high quality accommodation with all amenities in the very large room. Helpful hosts and professionally run with tourist leaflets, internet code and other assistance offered. Quiet. Near to the sights and to the town. Views and walks just outside the door.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for your comments. We value your input as it provides the means for us to monitor our preformance and to improve. Hope your travels were safe back to Ireland