“stunning views”
Review of In My View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katoomba
In My View
Ranked #6 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Ballarat, Australia
“stunning views”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have been to 3 or 4 top rate hotels in Katoomba over the past 3 years, but In My View is certainly the best! The views over the Megalong Valley and beyond are sensational. Our room was large with great big picture windows to capture the view. bathroom spacious and modern with a great spa bath. Exceptional value. We will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Cara and Ian thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It is quite humbling but most pleasing that you rate us so highly. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were not disappointed with our choice for a 30th wedding anniversary getaway. Having thought the road might be a bit busy it was anything but. Quiet and yes with the most beautiful view we enjoyed the seclusion that just a two room property offers. Our only advise is that the spa bath is little difficult to get in and out from if you are not that agile! Hosts are lovely, would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Glad we could offer accommodation that suited your needs in celebrating such a wonderful milestone in your lives. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We have noted your comments about entering the spas and thank you for drawing this to our attention. Handrails will be installed and it is hoped that this will provide the necessary assistance
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We got a little lost on the way there because we had driven just past the place, but the ever-friendly David was helpful in directing us. Upon arrival, David was keen to help us with any queries we had when he showed us to our wonderful room.

The room itself was great, with a fantastic view, comfortable king-size bed, large LCD TV, and a large ensuite with a lovely spa bath/shower for me and my girlfriend to relax in at night. The only minor downside was the lack of cooking facilities (besides a minimal kitchenette) but there were plenty of other options around the area for food. For us, the issue was negligible and with David's suggestions, it's quite easy to plan around it.

The location is just wonderful. It's within only a few minutes' drive from the major attractions and there are lovely little bushwalking areas to discover just down the road. On our return from one of our little adventures, we passed David on his morning walk, and he regaled us with a little history of the area before we continued along our way.

We had a wonderful time during our stay and would definitely come back again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for your generous and detailed review we certainly appreciate you taking the time. It is pleasing that we were able to offer a venue and location that added to the enjoyment of your visit. I hope my " story " about the calliopsos wasn't too much. Looking forward to greeting you both again
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed at In My View for a two-night weekend getaway. After driving from Canberra we were greeted with an amazing view, a well appointed B&B style room and huge ensuite, with a terrific spa underneath a huge skylight.

David greeted us with excellent info about Katoomba, including our options for eating and drinking, and of course sightseeing. We dined at three locations on his recommendation.

As a lovely surprise for our wedding anniversary, David had prepositioned a bottle of sparkling in our room for us to celebrate with.

You'd be hard pressed to find affordable accommodation like this so close to the iconic Three Sisters - especially given it's only a ten minute walk down the hill to Scenic World!

Very highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you Jenna and Darren for taking the time to review your stay with us. It gives us a lot of pleasure when we can help to make a special event like yours that little bit more memorial. Serving guests such as you is so rewarding
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

What a view!! We found this by accident when searching for a place to stay to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We are so glad we did. Beautiful room full of special little touches from our host. Lots of local information from David was very helpful when planning our time. The spa was wonderful after our big bushwalk and the place was quiet and perfect to unwind. Highly recommend if your looking for an easy relaxing getaway in the blue mountains.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
We are so glad you did find us and that we were able to offer a venue suitable to celebrate a most significant occasion in your lives. It was a pleasure having you but don't leave it another ten years to return
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Katoomba was our last stop on our short visit to NSW, we had been to the beaches in Jarvis Bay, spent time in the city and finished our trip with a stay in the mountains.

David has been a brilliant host from my initial enquiry to when we left. We didn't hire a car and were planning on using public transport whilst in the mountains which was great, but I think a car would ....

We arrived by taxi from the train station and were greeted by one of the friendliest chaps I had met on ours Oz travels; David. He was fab explained everything clearly to us, like where we should visit, where to go and eat etc. He also explained about the cicadas which had just emerged and were all over the place !

The room was lovely, really bright and airy with a small kitchenette including a microwave, toaster and a fridge which had milk and water in.

I would highly recommend this place, and also recommend having a car for your stay in the mountains as we only got to see a limited number of places.

Thanks David :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you Gemma and Andy for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased that I could in some small way make your visit enjoyable. Having people like you staying makes my job not only easy but rewarding
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Fantastic location and great accommodation greeted us as we arrived in the dark one windy night in September.

Who knew what an amazing sight was to be found straight outside the window when we woke our first morning.

Lovely, friendly greeting from Decalie and just a fantastic place to stay.

Highly recommended :o)

Room Tip: There are only 2, so it doesn't matter which one you get!