“Excellent stay”
Review of In My View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katoomba
In My View
Ranked #5 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a lovely stay at In My View. Even though our flight was significantly delayed and we arrived quite late in the evening instead, it was easy liaising with David who provided very clear directions on where the apartment was and he even offered the option of cancelling the first night (at no cost) if we wanted to get a nearer place near the airport. While we did not take that option, it was very kind of him to offer it. In the morning, David gave us lots of helpful tips on places to eat, visit, etc.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable. We also liked the location because it was less than 5 minutes drive to the sights or the centre of town, and it was quiet and peaceful. Near enough to the action but yet far enough to be peaceful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Ben can I say you are one nice guy, with all the inconvienence you had, you still maintained a wonderful attitude. It was a pleasure to host you and your wife. Thank you for the review and please come again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My partner and I spent the weekend at In My View and had a lovely time. Our stay could not have been better. Our room was modern, very comfortable and clean. We appreciated how well equipped Decalie and David's accommodation was (the spa was a highlight!). Our room had amazing views once the morning fog had lifted and the cheerful parrots on the grass outside our room were a lovely sight. A stay at In My View made our weekend very memorable. Much enjoyed. Thank you Decalie and David!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Claire and Chris so glad you had a good time and that our accommodation met your expectations. Thank you for reviewing your stay as you appreciate how important guest feedback is to us. We look forward to greeting you again when you return to the Blue Mountains
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a lovely stay for two nights. David was very helpful and friendly - provided some great advice on where the best walks were nearby. The rooms were clean, inviting and comfortable.
Well located for walks through the mountains and has a breathtaking view from the balcony of the room.
Highly recommended.

InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you very much Blake for reviewing your stay. We really appreciate guests providing feedback. I'm glad the advice helped make you visit a little more enjoyable. Hopefully you can return in the future
Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is the first time i write a review in TripAdvisor and this B&B is really the best! We arrived there with a warm welcome by David although the weather outside is cold. The interior of the room is very clean with a very comfortable bed and excellent view of the cliff. I was also amazed by the Jacuzzi in the bathroom. If you travel by rental car, you can just park yours outside the main door. David recommended an Italian res in Katoomba Street for us, which was nice too. We hoped to stay longer but we have booked tours in Jenolan Caves.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Brian we appreciate that you reviewed your stay, thank you and we provided a place that at least in part compensated for the unpleasant weather. We hope your trip to Jenolan Caves was enjoyable and we woluld love to greet you again
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Situated on Cliff Drive overlooking the valley you are within a short hop of serious views. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2-day, 3-night stay here, despite a whole day being shrouded in mist and lots of rain! Cue jokes about place's name! This is a two suite extension to David's home,with it's own entrance to ensure privacy.The room was spotlessly clean, nicely decorated , large bathroom and with a small terrace outside(poor weather meant we didn't get to relax here). No breakfast ,but there are in-room facilities for doing your own, with teas and coffee provided.However Katoomba has numerous very good breakfast places.
David helpfully provided a roadmap to Sydney Airport when he learned we had taken several wrong turns getting to Katoomba-nice touch.
Very good value all round so book early!

1 Thank ian h
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you Ian and Jean first for choosing to stay with us and for your generous and constructive comments. Sadly the weather did not help make your time with us that little bit more comfortable but you certainly didn't let it stop you from enjoying yourselves. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Arrived on a stormy night and made to feel very welcome by David. Room very clean, with large bathroom. The shower being in the spa could present difficulties for those less agile as there wasn't any hand rails to assist. David assisted in recommending good family-run Italian restaurant in Katoomba's main street that night, as we watched the hail storm pass. Lovely setting and happy to recommend. Leura the definite pick of the towns nearby for shops and restaurants.

1 Thank Ando7
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you Geoff and Dawn for staying with us. That was a wild storm and not the best of introductions to our area, however once that was over I hope you enjoyed your time here. Your review is greatly appreciated and I'm pleased to advise that grab rails have been installed to provide assistance when accessing the shower.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have never written a review before but in this case it is deserved. We stayed at In My View for 3 nights over the Easter weekend. We also had a number of friends and relatives staying nearby. In My View is not comparable for value, location and quality. As mentioned it doesn't offer breki but we would happily trade breki for a place of this standard.

I have seen a few of the overpriced BnBs around that advertise character but offer small, musty, dated and overpriced rooms. I would definitely recommend In My View as an alternative.

David is also an excellent host.

• Stayed April 2014
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dan and Emily thank you very much for your review. We value reviews as they identify ways we can offer a better experience to our guests. Its pleasing to know that we provided a venue that helped make your Easter break enjoyable