“You'll love it!”

Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
“You'll love it!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

AMAZING! We stayed at Lilianfels for my birthday. I was spoilt in the spa with a wonderful 2 hour pampering 'seasonal indulgence'. I had the BEST birthday dinner ever at Darleys restaurant! Food was amazing so much care and attention taken to all of the meals and presented perfectly! I would absolutely recommend Darleys, you won't be disappointed! We had high tea which was perfect! The best high tea I've ever had in the most beautiful lounge room on comfy lounges, in front go an open fire with a glass of champagne in hand - what more could you want? You just can't beat the beautiful setting of the blue mountains, the hotel is old English decor which is just, gorgeous! The service is abosolutly 5 star, you'll love it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this review, 30 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience at the spa and enjoyed Darley's our hatted restaurant, we agree the fires in Winter add a nice touch to our comfortable lounge areas, I hope to see you again soon at Lilianfels.

Group General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lilianfels was my 2nd choice of resort to stay at this weekend for one night. My first (The Falls) is fully booked.

Lilianfels states it's a pet friendly hotel and as we have 2 dogs I called to enquire, however, was momentarily speechless to be told they charge A$90 per dog. So that would be $180 for our 2 dogs to stay one night! And no, they don't get a roast dinner included!

I assume the hotel is trying to market itself to a wider audience by allowing dogs, but at the same time discouraging them with extortionate prices. That's poor form, hence my two star rating of "poor". (I gave 1 star for picking up the phone quickly, and another for not having annoying on-hold music".)

I'm sure a little extra vacuuming is needed because of dog hair but surely not $90 per dog. I've heard of hotels charging $10 per dog.

Lilianfels, I am not impressed, and wonder what other hefty charges you pass to guests.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank loudecruss

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s great that you and your pets had a good experience. Our room prices for pets are determined by steam cleaning & cleaning fees that we have to charge each time a pet stays with us.

We hope you enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you, I hope to see you again soon at Lilianfels.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We visited and staying at Lillianfels a few years ago. When a close friend was going to visit recently I highly recommended staying here. It is perfect for a couple or a family. Dining is wonderful and one dresses for dining. The pool had the best most clear water! The gardens are beautiful. My friends visited in January 2014 and liked it as much as a I did a few years ago.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SoniaBendt

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you, I hope to see you again soon at Lilianfels.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort is in a great location, just two minutes walk from the Three Sisters. It is comfortable, has some nice features and a classy feel, but I feel it was overpriced in some areas. The pros and cons are:

PROS

- Free on-site parking. This will save you parking fees at Echo Point. Valet parking is also available for a cost.
- Nice rooms. I had a deluxe king-bed room. They were reasonably large and comfortable.
- The bed was very comfortable.
- They provided a range of pillows of differing thicknesses.
- There was adequate storage space in the room
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi*
- In room electronic safe
- alarm clock with iPad dock (30 pin connector)
- minibar, bar fridge, iron and ironing board. - Flat screen TV and Blu-Ray player in the room. Some Foxtel channels were also provided.
- Basic toiletries were provided as well as a robe to wear
- Big bathroom with separate bath-tub and shower
- Lovely setting with gardens etc
- Outdoor and indoor pool
- Gymnasium
- Lifts
- Lots of lounges to sit at.
- 24 hour reception. I found them friendly and professional.
- Hatted restaurant on-site

CONS

- meals in the lounge were pricey for what you get.
- wine in the lounge with a meal is overpriced. I paid $16 for a glass of Shiraz which is a big mark-up on the cellar door price.
- breakfast cost $35 and was only a basic breakfast as included complementary at many hotels. Cereals, juices, coffee/tea, toast and rolls, fruit, six different hot meals such as bacon, sausages, eggs, tomatoes, potatoes and mushrooms.
- the air conditioner in my room (220) had a low frequency rumbling sound that prevented me from getting to sleep. I had to turn it off. Fortunately, the room didn't cool down too much. I was told the engineers would look at the problem, but have noticed other reviewers have mentioned the same issue.
- the TV faced the wrong way to be viewed in bed but could be turned.
- Minibar prices are the typical inflated prices you expect everywhere.
- You have to pay to hire DVDs. Bring your own.

All in all, the place is lovely and comfortable to stay at, but I would recommend eating out to save on costs.

* Wi-Fi is free only for the first 24 hours. The allowance is 1000MB. The speed I got was about 5Mb/s download and 0.15MB/s upload.

Room Tip: Ask about the air conditioning unit noise levels if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

As you mention in your review, unlike many other 5 star hotels we do not charge for parking or Wi-Fi along with a host of other complimentary facilities such as the Gym, Heated indoor pool, Sauna, steam room, Billiards room and gardens - All walking distance to Echo Point and the Three sisters in a 5 Star setting.

Malmesbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a last minute night away at Lilianfels and we're not disappointed. I've stayed at a lost of 5 stars and I think this is one of the most beautiful places I have been to.

It is a very classic hotel, we're a young couple but I absolutely adored everything about it. The pool is lovely, the views stunning (especially in Autumn) and service was great.

We didn't eat at the hotels restaurant (wish we had) but had fondue for 2 in the lobby area in the evening, sat by the fire on the cosy sofas.

I wish I was staying in Australia long enough to go back but have taken away some amazing memories of the Blue Mountains and Lilianfels Resort with me :)

Thanks to all the staff for making it special.

- Gina

• Stayed April 2014

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Lilianfels provided a relaxing and wonderful backdrop for our weekend away to the Blue Mountains, unfortunately Darley's restaurant was closed during our stay so we weren't able to experience what looked like a lovely menu. The staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble, the service was professional and attentive without being too over the top.
If you're looking for a beautiful property with close access to some of the best views of the Blue Mountains, this is it.

Magnetic Island, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Loved our recent stay at Lilianfels, beautiful property in a fantastic location. The staff were all very helpful and friendly without being pretentious, the only gripe would be that food and drink prices encouraged us to dine elsewhere in Katoomba, I would definitely return here for our next visit.

Group General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
#5 of 15 in Katoomba
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains
Palais Royale Blue Mountains

Been to Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains? Share your experiences!