“Lovely short getaway”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Canberra, Australia
“Lovely short getaway”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We thought we would take a break driving from Canberra to Newcastle and the Blue Mountains seemed to be a good stopping point. Lilienfel's is well situated about a block from the well known Three Sisters. Our room was a good size, clean and tastefully decorated. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms were well appointed and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather B
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this review, 30 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you, I hope to see you again soon at Lilianfels.

Group General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lilianfels is a well-established and generally well operated up-market hotel that ticks most of the boxes. Decor is very fitting for this style of hotel with wood panels and toile fabrics co-ordinating with matching wall papers, Bathrooms are traditional with good quality soaps and gels provided which are available for purchase at check-out
The greeting was disappointing with the curt Asian male receptionist insisting he had returned my credit card and stood waiting whilst I spent 10 minutes going through every pocket before I elected to look at his desk where the card has been all along. No apology was offered and I spent the next 30 minutes fuming at his rudeness. The angst was overcome at the cocktail bar where an Australian chap with a french style beard served up fantastic cocktails with great diligence and professionalism unaware that his every move was being mentally recorded for my next domestic cocktail night.
Breakfast was slightly sub-par with no dedicated egg station which I think can legitimately be expected at a 5 star hotel. I have no problem with buffet style content for the rest of the options but these need to be continually restocked and there were too many empty plates on our Sunday morning. Anaemic mass produced pork sausages didnt really nail it for me either when I had expected good quality local produce.
Overall good and relaxing and most of the staff had good attitude with a few stars let down by the odd poor performer

Room Tip: Views over the Megalong valley are highly recommended
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

We are sorry to hear about your less an than optimal check in experience and breakfast, we will investigate further with our staff and Front Office team and message you offline to obtain more details.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I just spent two nights at Lilianfel's for my 60th birthday. I must say that while it was good it wasn't necessarily great. Although my birthday was mentioned on booking in , Nothing was said - would have been nice. There is an extra charge for breakfast - about $28 each - which seems a bit miserly given how expensive the accommodation is. (Also on day one although breakfast had another 1 1/2 hours to go once they ran out of scrambled egg it wasn't replaced - so kind of dear for mushrooms and tomato.) Once in our room we had to rearrange the chairs so that we could enjoy the view, but unfortunately not much thought seems to have done into the window design because the window frame was right in line with the escarpment view - had to scrunch down or stretch up in order to see the splendid scenery. Would have loved an electric blanket on the bed. The grounds were not extensive, but beautiful and well maintained. Lovely, but I've enjoyed other accommodation in katoomba at a much more reasonable price (and with full breakfast included!)

2 Thank Sandy W

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

We hope you enjoyed your 60th birthday stay at the Resort. We are glad you enjoyed all the hotels facilities on your walk around our beautiful and well maintained gardens, only minutes walk to Echo point & The Three Sisters.

I will pass on your comments to our Kitchen regarding buffet replenishment for Breakfast. Our rooms are air conditioned with state of the art heating & cooling and our rooms furnished with lovely warm coverlets/duvets. Our staff are always happy to supply additional blankets for Guest rooms should you require it.

I hope to see you again soon at Lilianfels for your next Birthday celebration.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights as a 30th birthday treat to myself, and am so glad that I did. Everyone was so kind and attentive throughout my stay, and made me feel like royalty. The guest liaison manager, Monique, bought me some chocolates with a card when she found out it was my birthday - they make you feel very special. The spa was absolutely amazing and an experience that left me floating and so relaxed I have to come back and do it all again for my 40th! :-) Thank you to all the staff at Lilianfels for creating this beautifulplace of just sheer peace and joy in everything.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your 30th Birthday at the Resort and that Monique our Guest Relations Manager took such good care of you. It’s a pleasure to read that you had such a great birthday experience, I hope to see you again soon at Lilianfels.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Enjoyed my time at Lilianfels,having stayed here a few times before it was just as good as the last.The rooms are very comfortable,the surrounds are spectacular and the air so fresh. this is the perfect getaway from the city,gives me time to relax and enjoy the walks ,reading in the very homely lounge.Also time to be pampered in the Day Spa.The only small problem is the parking area . Which I can see if was changed would spoil the effect of the grounds . I look forward to my return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had a four day week end to explore the Blue Mountains and celebrate my wife's birthday. We stayed in the Mini Mini Saddle suite. From the moment we arrived we were pampered. The staff were tremendous. A special thanks to David at the front desk who could answer any question and gave us great advice. The room had spectacular views and was very spacious and well furnished. The main lookout for the three sisters is a five minute walk away. There were plenty of dining choices and a lovely lounge. This is a great base to explore the area and is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms do have a beautiful view. If you have the extra money the level two suites a...

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed one of our best suites Mini Mini, it certainly has a great view across the Valley.

Also happy to read that David our Front Desk staffer looked after you so well!

I hope to see you again soon at Lilianfels.

Manly, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Lilianfels is one of the best hotels available around Sydney. Starting with the staff who were exceptional from the front door onwards. The rooms are big, and the beds are really comfortable and very tastefully decorated. If any short comings it would be the lack of a small table to use when dining in room. We had our grand children with us and it was difficult for them to dine in room having to balance their trays on their laps. The food and service was certainly up to the reputation Lilianfels has deservedly earned and justifies the very high charges. This hotel is not for those on a budget but if one can afford it the costs are an indication of the high standards this hotel has reached.
The only real down side experienced was the lack of parking.
We will certainly be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

You will be please to note that we are starting work on extending the number of parking spaces for the property.

Group General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
#5 of 15 in Katoomba
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains
Palais Royale Blue Mountains

Been to Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains? Share your experiences!