My wife and I spent two nights at Lilianfels in the Blue Mountains earlier this month and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We have stayed here a number of times in the past and, whilst we understand that the Hotel is now under new management, we noticed that the standards are still as high as ever. We were fortunate to have a valley view room, which was breath-taking, especially as the view was shrouded in fog when we arrived and was tantalisingly exposed as the fog melted away mid-morning.
Even though it was late October the temperature outside was still pretty cold, so we were thrilled to see two substantial log fires burning away in the lounge area. Everything was generous, from the magnificent breakfast and the number of newspapers and magazines available to guests, to the generous spirit of all staff. From staff at reception and concierge, to housekeeping and waiting staff, all were exceptionally friendly and helpful (especially Judi who looked after us at breakfast!). Obviously morale is very high amongst the staff, and they were all obviously very happy and proud to be working at Lilianfels, which was reflected in how well they treated and responded to the guests. The only possible thing I could improve upon would be providing free internet access/connection to guests - hopefully this may arrive in the near future, however it did deter me from checking work emails.
The indoor pool and the magnificent outdoor pool (in its spectacular setting!), plus the gym area, kept me entertained and were not overcrowded by any means, which helped to maintain the quiet and peaceful ambience of Lilianfels.
My wife and I look forward to our next stay at Lilianfels - whatever the time of year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains Katoomba, Australia