We were staying here at the start of the Easter Long Weekend and got an excellent rate through WOTIF for two nights. Was a significant occasion (Babymoon) and we had done considerable research before deciding on Lilianfels. Even though we had a good idea what to expect the hotel exceeded our expectations. From the porter who helped us inside, to the afternoon high tea looking out over the valley, to the room ! We were on the ground floor and backing onto the driveway area/courtyard. The room was very large and the matching fittings were superb. Really gave an old world feel to the room. We liked the Kookaburra on the bed so much that my wife wanted one so I had to visit the gift shop on leaving. We had High tea twice and used both the pool and spa. The spa facilities were excellent and my wife (at 8 months pregnant) loved the massage and treatments. The steam room was malfunctioning on the mens side when we stayed and I reported this as it was intolerably hot and dangerous. The inside pool was nice with plenty of chairs. Outside pool looked nice but too cold. grounds were very impressive and well maintained. the formal gardnes near Darleys with the fountain especially. We had booked Darleys for dinner and had a table on the balcony. Quality of food was impeccable and the service very precise although somewhat curt. I like the idea of the set price dinners as makes it easy. Brilliant meal that could not be faulted and we loved the history of the building. We had though that our meal at Darleys would be the highlight but that was before our room service breakfast. We didn't feel like leaving the room in the morning and so decided to splurge on having it delivered. So glad we did (see photos) . Was not on a tray but on a trolley which folded out to a full table which the waiter set for us. the presentation was stunning. Front office staff were efficient given how busy it was, It is not cheap to stay here (our discount rate was $225 per night) but if you want to be ensured of proximity to Echo point and quality then this is for you. Plus don't miss Darleys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains Katoomba, Australia