“real chinese food”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2013

my wife and i dined there on 23-9-2013 . i ordered beef in cracked pepper my wife had mongolian lamb both meals were cooked fresh and full of flavour. as i had read the reviews before we went there i asked two other diners how their meals were and they more than happy. we would happily go back. perhaps if you want a steak go to a steakhouse. l gear. newcastle.

1  Thank les g

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I are from Brisbane Queensland, and went to the Blue Mountains for a holiday. We went to The Golden Dragon Restaurant for dinner. We walked in and ordered our meals and sat down. I ordered a rump steak with chips and salad. When I got my steak i could tell it was not rump at all in fact, this piece of crappy meat looked like either round or blade steak, meat you would probably only use in a slow cooker!!! It looked like it was boiled then thrown into a wok to give it color! I used the steak knife to cut it but, there was no way it would cut. It was like trying to cut rubber! :( I took a bite and had to discretely spit it out on my serviette, i couldn't eat it. It was foal and tasted like boiled meat, it was absolutely disgusting! It was so bad I would NOT even give this piece of crap to an animal!!!
My husband ordered chilly Calamari but, he could not taste any chilly whatsoever, it was tasteless! Both the calamari & fried rice was so greasy you couldn't taste anything but oil in your mouth.... disgusting!!!
My steak was left untouched and nobody even bothered to come and ask us if our meal was alright!
We walked out in DISGUST, FRUSTRATED and, feeling very hungry!
Please DO NOT waste your money on this disgusting and so called restaurant!
My husband and I are never ever going to go back to The Golden Dragon Restaurant RSL Katoomba.... EVER !!! :(

3  Thank Toula M
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This would be the second worst restaurant I have eve been to in my 60 years. Only slightly bettter than the Workers club in Tingalpa Brisbane - do not go there either!

My wife ordered "rump" steak. If it was rump I am an alien from another planet. It was inedible.
We are sure it was boiled before it was thrown on a grill for a minute or two. Neither of us could eat it.
I had chilli calamari where was the chilli I am not sure. It was greasy but at least almost edible but I may suffer tomorrow.
We ordered some fried rice which was tasteless and greasy - could not eat it all even though we were hungry.

When I went to pay I was not asked about our meal - I think they know how bad it was but don't care.
We now know why a large plate of food was left behind on the table next to us.

The service was no better.
All in all a very disgusting experience. DON'T GO THERE you will regret it.

2  Thank mitcher123
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The food, including the fried rice, had so much grease and oil that it was inedible. Mixed entree was mostly oily battered fish pieces and calamari - awful!

3  Thank kittikati
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Went there today expecting so much more than what we actually got.The food was terrible and quite honestly some of it was inedible due to it being dry and lack of taste altogether.The omelet was burn't and we were unable to eat it,the veggies weren't cooked and the rice was so dry.I would not go back nor recommend to anyone.The size of the meal was also small as it's one plate for $12 of food that you couldn't even eat a majority of.

1  Thank Dannielle N