Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
No. 14 Lovel St(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$52
Blue Mountains Heritage Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
Katoomba Town Centre(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$70
Priceline
3 Sisters Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
Priceline
US$58
Travelocity
Blue Mountains YHA(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
US$150
US$249
US$228
Agoda.com
All reviewscorner viewjamison valleyblue mountainsdeluxe view roomsister hoteluninterrupted viewssmall hotelthe cliffromantic getawaythree sistersecho pointscenic worldcomfortable roomcontinental breakfastoutdoor poolbalconyescarpment
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Lest I sound like a generally negative person, let me say that the hotel was quite lovely. I agree with reviews mentioning the very small rooms; we weren't able to find room to store things properly, but the view was astounding and the staff helpful.
We have absolutely nothing positive to say about the restaurant except that the view is spectacular. The room is rather cold, with hard surfaces which reflect and amplify sound so that guests lack privacy in their conversation. The waitstaff lacked any charm or warmth (I've read reviews here to the contrary, but our waitstaff seemed to cultivate arrogance). I don't mind paying for a good bottle of wine, but I don't like being exploited in doing so. The wine we ordered is one we sometimes buy at home and, without exaggeration, the markup on the bottle was 400 % which bespeaks an utter lack of regard for the guest. The food was lost in a time warp of visual presentation (vertical food with colors and shapes dominating the plate of utterly undistinguished meals). Regardless of cost (which was onerous) it was just a lousy meal, start to finish. It lacked everything but pretension in which it was abundant. The next two nights we ate at Pins, just around the corner, which was wonderful... fine food, lovely dining room, wonderful people. Ending on a positive note, the Blue Mountains are lovely and the hiking trails (especially Wentworth Falls and the National Pass) are as spectacular as any we've ever seen. We will definitely return to Katoomba and the Blue Mountains and might stay at Echoes again if we could be sure of one of the larger rooms. I would, however, never set foot in the restaurant again, but would walk a few blocks to Pins.
again. Go to Pins for dinner and enjoy

Room Tip: The rooms are, to their credit, all different and sizes vary considerably... try for one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing you recent stay at Echoes Blue Mountains and Restaurant on Tripadvisor.com

Our location is spectacular, as you mentioned all rooms are slightly different. I the case we are not fully booked, we are more than happy to show you alternative room types.

I am disappointed that your experience at our Restaurant and the waitstaff was not as pleasant as I would expect it to be. We pride ourselves with great service and fantastic food. I would like to find out more re your experience could you please email me at gm@lilianfels.com.au

I hope you accept my apologies, and I can welcome you back to Lilianfels shortly.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

As we were checking in we realized we'd left our credit card at the Sydney Airport car rental. Without further ado the front desk staff contacted the car rental desk and assisted us in arranging to get it back when we returned the car! They even allowed us to go see the room before we actually checked in, we were balking a bit at the price but given the assistance with the credit card we'd misplaced, we decided it was worth it to stay.

You're definitely paying for the view at this hotel, the view from the balcony is amazing! Service was impeccable.We stayed here for 2 nights and as other reviewers have pointed out the rooms are quite small. Other guests were very courteous so privacy on the balconies wasn't an issue. Everyone kept to theirs-we enjoyed a couple bottles of excellent wine we'd brought with us while enjoying the view from the balcony each evening. Staff was very obliging in providing us fresh cups, wine glasses, and the cutest little cookies! We never ate at the restaurant-prices were too high and we wanted to try some of the restaurants on Katoomba's main drive. Highly recommend skipping the expensive breakfast at the hotel and opt instead for excellent coffee with breakfast pies and pastries at the local cafes made by cordon bleu trained pastry chefs...they were incredible!!!
Last thing, I'm used to Charmin toilet paper and recommend Echoes replace their very beautiful toilet paper with something softer, like Charmin. It was so rough!

Enjoy this lovely little hotel if you get a chance!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Dear valued guest,

It’s great to hear that our Team is impeccable, as we try to deliver great service at all times. As you mentioned the views are fantastic, and been directly on the valleys edge is defiantly one of its kind.

I hope that we can convince you on your next stay to try Echoes Restaurant, as the food is marvellous, and together with a nice sun set makes the perfect evening.

In regards to your last point, I will need to look into this as it is the first time this came to my attention.

I hope I can welcome you back to Echoes again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This review is of the restaurant only as we were staying next door at Lilianfels (see review). The view from the restaurant was lovely as we watched the sunset over the Blue Mountains, but the service did not match up. The food was good however, but substantially overpriced. The service though was mediocre. Having asked two different staff for the bill at the table and nothing happening for at least 15 mins we went in search of it, eventually finding someone to help in the bar. Unlikely to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review you recent visit to Echoes Restaurant on tripadvisor.com

I agree with you on the lovely views over the valley from our restaurant, but I am disappointed that our team did not deliver the service.

Please accept my apologies for bad communication re your bill, as this is not the usual standard of service we provide.

I would like to find out more, and hope you are able to email me at gm@lilianfels.com.au

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

A very special place for our 10th Anniversary. I booked a weekend away to celebrate our Anniversary and could not be happier. The restaurant was wonderful and the views were spectacular – particularly at sunset. The staff were young and lovely – always eager to serve us with a smile. We instantly felt relaxed yet the setting reminded us that this was a very special place. The facilities included Lilianfels pool, gym and spa so we had all the recreational options made available to us, but we preferred the evening walks which really take in wonderful views and fresh mountain air. The rooms are elegant and although on the smaller side oozes charm and character. I highly recommend this hotel for couples.!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenDeGex

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing you recent stay at Echoes Blue Mountains Resort and Restaurant on Tripadvisor.com

I was pleased to hear that you were impressed with your stay. We pride ourselves with great customer service, and good facilities.

I hope myself and the team at Echoes can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The view is amazing, the Hotel is cozy, and the breakfast staff is nice. But that's all the positive things we possibly can say about this absolutely overpriced hotel, which has the Standard of a 3 star Hotel.

I am an SPG Platinum member and ambassador, which means I spent more than 100 Nights in Starwood Hotels Last Year. They were treating me worse than in every Ibis. Arrogant, Not attentative, just rude. The Roms are cozy, but so small that they definitely don't suit 2 people. The Garden is very nice but obviously nobody takes care of it -- you cannot use the chairs because they are totally rusty, destroying every pants. Well, the view is not everything...

As a Platinum member, I should get an upgrade when I check in. They even lied in my face claiming that the higher standard rooms are sold out (you could book them on the web page). Shame on you!!! I hope that you are excluded from Starwood. Echoes only has its stars because of the vicinity to the Lilianfels Hotel next Doors, as the Echoes does not have any premises at all.

For travellers with a certain niveau (as expected in this Price class), cannot recommend at all.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MichaBreit

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing you recent stay with us at Echoes Blue Mountains Resort and Restaurant on Tripadvisor.com

I am disappointed that your experience was not as pleasant as I would expect it to be. Our Staff is our key to success, and we pride ourselves with great people.

I would like to find out more and discuss your review further, if you could please email me at gm@lilianfels.com.au