We stayed here for a Saturday night in November. It's a beautiful hotel with what must be one of the greatest locations for uninterrupted views over the Jamison valley in the mountains (when the fog hasn't rolled in). We had a room on the lower floor, and the layout of the room means that you didn't have a view from the bed unfortunately. Though the view from our small patio area was sensational. Next time however I would request a room on the entrance level for the balcony, and hopefully a view out the window from the bed.
Our dinner in the restaurant, while on the expensive side, was without fault. The service and the food were both great. We particularly enjoyed the atmosphere listening to the piano player while enjoying after dinner drinks in the bar area. This was a highlight.
However the breakfast the next morning (same restaurant) was appalling. I really hope that it was just a one-off under staffing issue, but the tables were not being cleaned which forced guests to use tables in the area of the restaurant without a view. The one wait-staff was quite incompetent, and many tables around us missed out on parts of their orders, or orders were incorrect. There were at least 3 tables around us commenting loudly about the poor service that morning. Just not what I would expect from a high end restaurant/hotel. Like I said though hopefully this was just a one-off.
We didn't use the spa/pool facilities across the road at Lilianfels, but walked around and it looked nice.
Sure there are cheaper hotels in the mountains, but the views from this hotel make the price you pay worth it. Though, mother nature prevented us from seeing the spectacular view the second day thanks to thick fog - it is worth consulting the weather forecast if you are booking close to your travel date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant is perched at the very edge of the Jamison Valley at Echo Point in the Blue Mountains. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas of the National Park from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always dramatic and breathtaking views. All this and only 90 minutes from Sydney!Our unique location offers stunning panoramas from every room, providing our guests with the most breathtaking views of mountains, cliff edges and lush rainforest valleys. Blue Mountains' most stunning icon 'Echoes' unveils itself on the very edge of the Jamison Valley with views right through to Mittagong, 80 kilometres away.Relaxation and recreation takes on whole new meaning at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant. Rejuvenate with a brisk hike through the Jamison Valley or find peace and serenity with a pampering spa treatment in our private sauna and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echoes Boutique Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Echoes Boutique
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia