“Perfect little escape”

Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My partner and myself decided to come to Echoes after a much needed night away and we are very happy we did. The staff were fantastic - Nothing was too big or too small, from organising spa bookings, dinner reservations and giving us suggestions and directions on what to do in Katoomba, it was all fantastic.
Our room was simply beautiful. Very French looking decor! Beautiful views.
Dinner was also fantastic, pricey but worth it. Our waiter was fabulous.
My partner and I work in 5 star hospitality so we can be very critical but Echoes really did meet our expectations and more. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hayley A
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great Stay enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you.

There are newer reviews for Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Lovely catering. Nice coffee. Great staff. Stunning views. The conference room was nicely decorated. Comfortable chairs. Technology lacking in the audio visual and screen needed updating. We had a group dinner and the food was stunning. Well worth a try for your next conference.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great Conference enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you. I have taken on board your comment re the AV and will defiantly have a good look at it.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our family had a wonderful getaway to the mountains and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Echoes, I was a little worried that it wouldn't be so kid friendly but it was great, all the staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful. We had dinner at Lillianfels in the lounge area and enjoyed it a great deal, the food and atmosphere were perfect. Our two daughters made use of the pool at Lillianfels, just a short walk away, and had a great time in the indoor area. I would also make sure you take full advantage of the great breakfast on offer, everything was beautifully cooked and the yoghurt is fantastic!! We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela H

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great Stay, enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was looking to book their luxury indulgence package for one night on 15 Feb but noticed they were requiring a 2 night booking minimum that night. I explained to them over the phone that I had already booked elsewhere on the Friday night as we had an activity booked early on the saturday morning (and it was almost 2hrs drive away), and asked if there was anything they could do. The lady checked with her supervisor and promptly returned saying they couldn't and it was strictly 2 nights minimum as it was peak season. It seems like a short-sighted profit grab, since not only are we not going to spend $1000 staying there for one night next month, dining at the restuarant and getting spa treatments, but we are now never going to stay there and will also tell all our fiends how poor the service was.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew K

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with Echoes Boutique Hotel and Restaurant.

Its our strategy to maximize on peak days and School Holidays, like every other Hotel or Airline.

But I agree that there should be the exception to the rule, and that’s were we could have done better.

I hope you accept my apologies, and give me another opportunity. Pease contact me directly, and I am sure we can work something out

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were staying at Lilianfelds, the sister hotel just next door. We made reservations one evening for dinner at Echoes after a day of trekking through the escarpment. Glad we made reservations since, for some reason I had thought the restaurant to be larger than it actually was. My husband and I throughly enjoyed our meals as well as a bottle of French wine, which made a nice change from the Australia fare that was common in most restaurants during our Australian vacation.

Meal was very haute cuisine and exquisitely prepared - from the entrees to the dessert! Not one complaint only kudos. Service was very attentive and excellent.

The sunset view was superb.

I'd recommend the restaurant to a friend and would return again if ever back that way.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Echoes Boutique Hotel and Restaurant.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great meal, enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We leave Sydney every New Year's Eve and travel to the Blue Mountains to enjoy the tranquillity and the great views. We have stayed at Echoes on a couple of occasions and Echoes comes out on top for its location.
I only had one minor complaint.We had dinner at their restaurant and I am old fashion and wore a suit , this being a five star hotel. A couple arrived for dinner and the male's attire was thongs, shorts and a tee shirt and written on his tee shirt was "GO Yankees".
I would have thought a dress code would be in place for a restaurant of this standing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alan s

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great dinner, and enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you.

Its hard to tell people what to wear this days if they are in-house guests, as we just want them to be comfortable and have a great time.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

nice hotel would stay again but I would suggest the hotel management look at the room cleaning for people staying more than one night
Our room was made up but dirty cups and glasses were left behind we had to wash them ourselves

over all a wonderful place the food was delightful will be back in the winter

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you.
I will defiantly look into the issues you raised with the glasses, as they should have been cleaned daily. Please accept my apologies.

Group General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
Mountain Heritage
#5 of 15 in Katoomba
Palais Royale Blue Mountains
Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains

Been to Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!