We stayed here for 1 night for my brothers wedding which was also held at Echo's. Growing up in the mountains you don't often stay anywhere near where you live! Now we are interstate it was nice to visit as a 'tourist'.
This review is also for the food, but it was a wedding so I am not sure what the food would be like from the normal menu.
1) Food - brilliant, we are not the regular fine dining couple but many of the wedding guests I spoke to loved the food we were served. The brekky was brilliant and although on the expensive side, the location and service makes you forget the cost.
2) Location - living in the mountains for 20 years I have seen most of the sights and this location is arguably one of the best views on the southern side of the mountains, it can be enjoyed from many locations and depending on the season and weather it is beautiful.
3) Room - our room had a sensational outlook and outdoor seated area but it was a pity the weather was crap! We have stayed in nicer rooms for the same money and the bed was only just ok.
4) Bar - probably the most expensive drinks I have paid for, but again the view makes you sort of forget about the cost.
5) Staff - fantastic staff, not only for the wedding but everyone were accommodating, friendly, polite and professional. I don't want to upset anyone but the wedding planner and I didn't see eye to eye but my brother is too nice to say anything. That was probably the only downside to a great weekend we enjoyed together.
6) Function venue - if you are trying to impress a group of people it is lovely but not very big and limited for 'bad weather options' this is where we had to negotiate 1 hour prior to the wedding when the weather turned sour (it is the mountains after all) and with the help from the restaurant manager (I have forgotten her name, lovely French lady) we agreed on using part of the restaurant. This same lady was also able to arrange some canapés at short notice which were to die for! This is where the wedding planner and I did not see eye to eye, let's just say I don't argue but I look for alternate ways for a better outcome :-)
Depending on your circumstances, enjoy this boutique venue for where it is and the staff, if the weather turns sour - make your own fun, enjoy the dining and relaxing atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant is perched at the very edge of the Jamison Valley at Echo Point in the Blue Mountains. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas of the National Park from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always dramatic and breathtaking views. All this and only 90 minutes from Sydney!Our unique location offers stunning panoramas from every room, providing our guests with the most breathtaking views of mountains, cliff edges and lush rainforest valleys. Blue Mountains' most stunning icon 'Echoes' unveils itself on the very edge of the Jamison Valley with views right through to Mittagong, 80 kilometres away.Relaxation and recreation takes on whole new meaning at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant. Rejuvenate with a brisk hike through the Jamison Valley or find peace and serenity with a pampering spa treatment in our private sauna and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, TravelUp, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echoes Boutique Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Echoes Boutique
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia