“Lovely stay”

Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a lovely stay at Echoes in the Blaxland Room. There was a lovely view when the fog cleared and the room was 5 star. The staff were very friendly and professional. I found a used towel behind the bathroom door that had been missed in the house-keeping inspection but otherwise the room was very clean (even under the toilet seat). The only downside is that the room was off reception and quite noisy. We could also hear our neighbour's tv. The noise level didn't bother me but my husband is a light sleeper so it did bother him.

We had dinner in the restaurant. The ambiance was nice and the Asian fusion food was superb. My only complaint was about the wait staff. They were disorganised and one waitress was in training. Another questioned me about whether I had informed them that I was vegetarian for the purposes of the aperitif. I had informed them when I booked but not specifically on the night. I didn't appreciate her tone given that I had just ordered the only 2 vegetarian meals on the menu for entree and main (so assumed common sense would mean I needn't specify it again). The kinks were small and not that big a deal but I regularly eat at restaurants where the prices are $110 per person plus and those restaurants manage to have everything running perfectly.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Pplate
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you. However I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for especially with the housekeeping issue and restaurant service.

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured all issues raised will be addressed with the relevant departments.

I hope I will see you again soon at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Echoes Hotel was magnificent. We were travelling from the UK and had one special night stay there - during which I am pleased to see we got engaged. The Sauna and Spa was great and is included in the price if you don't have any additional treatments. There is an outdoor pool too. The service was first class as was the food. The views breathtaking, right on the edge of Echo Point. Thanks to all involved for making it such as special stay and evening. Paul & Caroline

1  Thank UK_Travellers2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you. Congratulations on your engagement, I am please that we were able to make this a memorable stay for you both.

I hope we can welcome you back to Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The rooms seemed big enough but..... If you put a desk, luggage stands, and a decent closet in the room you'd be out of space. Only 1 electrical outlet, no coffee maker, spotty Internet, and little control over the temperature. A $15.00 breakfast for $55.
A spectacular view of the valley but not worth the $600+

Room Tip: Upper floors in back all have great views
2  Thank frequntlyinahotel

Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for.

I hope I will see you again soon at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as a last minute getaway not knowing what to expect. What a wonderful surprise!! The hotel is perched on a cliff overlooking the Jamieson valley and our room was luxurious and led out on to a balcony with the same breathtaking views over the valley. The staff at this lovely little boutique hotel made us feel very welcome and went to great lengths to accommodate any special requests. The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant had an equally spectacular view over the valley. We made a last minute decision to have dinner in the Echoes restaurant and were not disappointed. The food was asian fusion and to a fine dining standard with quality ingredients and presented beautifully on the plate. I would highly recommend this lovely hotel to people wanting to escape the ratrace for a couple of days and enjoy the peace and beauty of the mountains.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Bell" room which was at the top level of the hotel. It was lovely and qu...

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night for my brothers wedding which was also held at Echo's. Growing up in the mountains you don't often stay anywhere near where you live! Now we are interstate it was nice to visit as a 'tourist'.

This review is also for the food, but it was a wedding so I am not sure what the food would be like from the normal menu.

1) Food - brilliant, we are not the regular fine dining couple but many of the wedding guests I spoke to loved the food we were served. The brekky was brilliant and although on the expensive side, the location and service makes you forget the cost.

2) Location - living in the mountains for 20 years I have seen most of the sights and this location is arguably one of the best views on the southern side of the mountains, it can be enjoyed from many locations and depending on the season and weather it is beautiful.

3) Room - our room had a sensational outlook and outdoor seated area but it was a pity the weather was crap! We have stayed in nicer rooms for the same money and the bed was only just ok.

4) Bar - probably the most expensive drinks I have paid for, but again the view makes you sort of forget about the cost.

5) Staff - fantastic staff, not only for the wedding but everyone were accommodating, friendly, polite and professional. I don't want to upset anyone but the wedding planner and I didn't see eye to eye but my brother is too nice to say anything. That was probably the only downside to a great weekend we enjoyed together.

6) Function venue - if you are trying to impress a group of people it is lovely but not very big and limited for 'bad weather options' this is where we had to negotiate 1 hour prior to the wedding when the weather turned sour (it is the mountains after all) and with the help from the restaurant manager (I have forgotten her name, lovely French lady) we agreed on using part of the restaurant. This same lady was also able to arrange some canapés at short notice which were to die for! This is where the wedding planner and I did not see eye to eye, let's just say I don't argue but I look for alternate ways for a better outcome :-)

Conclusion:

Depending on your circumstances, enjoy this boutique venue for where it is and the staff, if the weather turns sour - make your own fun, enjoy the dining and relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank leenazza

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you and your family for your brother's wedding

Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you are looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway, then you can't go past Echoes at Katoomba. Upon arrival, it was very welcoming, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was just beautiful. You could lie in bed looking out over the Jamison Valley, the view changing every few minutes, one minute you could see the whole valley, the next minute you couldn't see past the balcony from the fog and mist. We had complimentary chocolate dipped strawberries delivered not long after we arrived and this set the mood for the whole time we were there. We dined in the Restaurant, the service was brilliant, the setting perfect, the food wasn't the best we have ever had, but it wasn't bad either. We had breakfast delivered to our room each morning and it was very nice, a great way to start the day. Overall the experience was excellent, I would recommend it to anyone wanting a nice quiet, romantic get away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Echoes Boutique Hotel and Restaurant.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you, I hope to see you again soon at Echoes.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Perched upon the edge of Echo Point in Katoomba, the sweeping views of the Jamison Valley with Mount Solitary perfectly framed in the centre are the big drawcard at this beautiful boutique hotel in the Blue Mountains. The view changes with the time of day - with clouds gently resting on the rolling green valley, lifting as the morning sun warms the rock. The different light throughout the day highlighting different oranges, reds, pinks and yellows in stunning sandstone cliffs.

The hotel room was very comfortable, with a great bathroom with large walk-in shower. The pick of the rooms is downstairs on the corner and has a great balcony to sit outside and enjoy the sunset.

With access to both Echoes Restaurant and Darley's next door in Lillianfels, food choices are a plenty. (I don't appreciate being told I have to order two courses though, so this time we missed out on Echoes. I could have eaten one course but chose room service instead.)

We drove around to 'Scenic World' (the scenic railway etc), however realised we could have just walked down to the eastern side of the cable car, instead of driving.

I want to come back and enjoy sitting by the fireplace in winter...

Room Tip: Choose downstairs room on the corner - large balcony capturing all the views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you, I hope to see you again soon at Echoes Hotel.

Group General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
Palais Royale Boutique Hotel
The George Boutique Hotel
The George Boutique Hotel
#3 of 5 in Blackheath

Been to Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!