Last weekend I stayed at Echoes Boutique Hotel with my daughter for a girls weekend away and to celebrate her birthday.
We chose Echoes as we wanted the boutique, more personal experience than a larger hotel.
We were not disappointed and had a wonderful time.
Location – Echoes is just around the corner from Echo Point, so an easy stroll to view the Three Sisters. Lilianfels is situated next door and you are welcome to use all their facilities. You will need to book ahead for the Spa. My daughter had a fabulously rejuvenating massage which you could pay for at the time or charge back to your room.
Room – The Blaxland room had a lovely soft and simple décor, was spacious, clean and fresh with heated flooring (most appreciated in the month of July). The bathroom was a good size with a nice large shower and again, heated floor tiles and a variety of toiletries. There were tea and coffee making facilities with complimentary biscuits and a stocked bar fridge. The bath robes were clean but more importantly of a really good size. So many of them are tiny, but these were lovely and roomy.
View – This is what you are paying for… the view is breathtaking and you can sit in bed and look at it through your window, or sit on the balcony to look down on the landscaped garden or take in the fresh air and ever changing shadows and shapes that drift across the mountains. The balcony runs along the hotel and there are separations between the rooms, but you are able to see the other guests if they are sitting outside too. You are not on top of each other, but also you are not 100% private.
Staff - We found all staff members to be professional, but also genuinely warm, friendly and helpful. Several times my daughter was asked if she was enjoying her birthday which made her feel extra special. Great customer service! The staff had lots of smiles and eye contact to let you know they were available should you have any questions etc. Of particular note, Brian, Armandine and Robyn were terrific and helpful.
The bar opened at 6pm and the Restaurant at 7pm. It is a pity in winter that the bar area was not open earlier in the afternoon as the fireplace was lovely to sit around. Again we were greeted warmly into the bar area where we had a couple of cocktails at $25/each which in my opinion is overpriced, however sitting in the comfortable black lounge and starring into the rather funky fireplace helped make up for this. We were seated in the restaurant which had a nice ambience (and no doubt view if it was in summer time). The linen and cutlery were spotlessly clean and the waitress was chatty and helpful with our questions about the food.
The food was simply delicious, eagerly devoured (yet savoured) and thoroughly enjoyed. The female pianist who played in the bar area during dinner was terrific. I have not always been a fan of piano music over dinner, but she really was talented and added to the overall enjoyment. The only hiccup was that I had asked beforehand if they could pop a sparkler into my daughter’s desert for her birthday. They had made a note against our booking, but unfortunately this was not done.
As with all visits away, there are always a few negatives to note. For me they were the following:
The credit card surcharge feels a bit cheeky on top of an already sizeable bill
The awkward angle of the toilet roll could be a problem for some less dextrous.
The instant coffee in the rooms was unpalatable, however you were able to order plunger coffee from reception, so this may have been the best option. I just stuck with the tea, of which there was a decent variety.
There was no in-house movie channel, the only option was a DVD selection from reception. I found this to be a bit antiquated.
NONE of the above would sway my decision to stay at this beautiful hotel again and overall, it was a terrific weekend away in a super comfortable room with a fabulous view and attentive staff .
Next time I am bringing hubby for the romantic experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant is perched at the very edge of the Jamison Valley at Echo Point in the Blue Mountains. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas of the National Park from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always dramatic and breathtaking views. All this and only 90 minutes from Sydney!Our unique location offers stunning panoramas from every room, providing our guests with the most breathtaking views of mountains, cliff edges and lush rainforest valleys. Blue Mountains' most stunning icon 'Echoes' unveils itself on the very edge of the Jamison Valley with views right through to Mittagong, 80 kilometres away.Relaxation and recreation takes on whole new meaning at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant. Rejuvenate with a brisk hike through the Jamison Valley or find peace and serenity with a pampering spa treatment in our private sauna and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echoes Boutique Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Echoes Boutique
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia