Blue Mountains YHA
US$136
The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$98
Agoda.com
3 Explorers Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Travelocity
Alpine Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$78
Agoda.com
Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$277
US$266
Agoda.com
3 Sisters Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$246
US$227
Priceline
Katoomba Town Centre(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$74
Blue Mountains Heritage Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$74
All reviewssingle bunkcommunal spaceyoung backpackerstrain stationblue mountainsyouth hostelbed dormthree sistersbathrooms were spotlessshared roomkey cardhuge kitchenexcellent facilitiescommon areasecho pointthe main streetart deco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed at this YHA for 2 nights prior to new years eve and it was packed out! We had an ensuite double room, on the first floor and whilst the room was a decent size with okay furnishing, we were right at the top of the staircase so all traffic flowed past us. In addition, it was definitely a case of "one up, all up", as doors slamming in the morning seemed to be norm.
Our room hadn't been cleaned when we arrived, but we had an apology from the staff and were given a free breakfast, so we were reasonably happy about that. Staff were very informative and friendly despite being rushed off their feet.
The hostel is in a good location for town and the three sisters and has a good amount of parking. We would recommend the National Pass walk at Wentworth Falls, pretty spectacular and not as busy as the falls itself.
All in all, we were happy with the accommodation, it is a little dated but that didn't bother us too much.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Now that I'm in my thirties, I was feeling quite reluctant to stay at a hostel while on holiday in Australia. But I eventually caved cause I saw all the great reviews and I am so glad I did. In fact, I wish I could have stayed longer! It was such a nice hostel. I was greeted by a friendly man who gave me the rundown about local hikes and how to get around. Every part of the hostel I saw was super clean. There were so many small details in the design that I appreciated. Right where you wished there was a hook or a shelf there was one...it was a bit uncanny. From what little time I spend inside the hostel it seemed that there were quite a lot of older guests, so it turned out that I was maybe on the younger end of the spectrum.

The main attraction in the area, the Echo Point lookout, is walking distance from the hostel, which was great. I know I'm not reviewing that, but it was AMAZING. And there's a really unique cafe close by called the Yellow Deli which was also quite convenient.

Only downside of hostel was a gal at the front desk that had too much attitude for the otherwise warm and friendly town of Katoomba. Otherwise, a great stay in a gorgeous part of the country.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JenniferJacobs
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Only stayed here for one night, but was completely taken by the town and the Blue Mountains. Blue Mountains YHA was a fine place to rest your head for the night. It was very clean and quiet through the night. I wouldn't plan on sleeping in, though. I was in a street-side room and the street started getting pretty noisy and I could hear doors banging starting around 5:30 am. The kitchen, bathrooms, and common areas were very clean and nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were not exceedingly comfortable. Overall, I would stay again. I found it pretty expensive (like just about everything else in Australia). $80 for a room without en-suite toilet and shower seems like a lot.

You absolutely can't beat the location, though. Easy walk from the train station which takes you to and from Sydney Central. Easy walk to SPECTACULAR hikes, and I can't emphasize SPECTACULAR enough. In retrospect I would like to have spent at least three days in Katoomba. It is such a charming little town. Thanks to Blue Mountains YHA and Sydney/NSW transport for making it so easy to experience this treasure.

The American public transportation system is an absolute embarrassment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms were big and clean. The bathrooms were spotless. Loved the showers - powerful and warm. Perfect after a long day walking through the rainforest.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

The only downside was the internet. The signal wasn't quite strong enough to reach the bedrooms.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2014

3 of us friends stayed here for 1 night on our recent Australia trip - would rate it as the best hostel I've stayed in. We stayed in a 5-bed, mixed room.

Rooms & hostel in general is very clean. Bathrooms were spotless (not common in hostels).
Rooms have lockers for luggage. They provide magnetic, striped cards as keys - which is better for security. More importantly, only girls get a girls-bathroom activated card - which is great!
Beds were comfortable as well - we slept okay.

They have a big common area lounge on the ground floor for eating, lounging, playing games etc. Have a pool table, board games, reading room. Location's convenient as well - is just off the main stretch of Katoomba with easy access to food. 3-sisters are a 20-minute walk away.

My only wish would be - provide more plug-points in the rooms. We only had 2 in a room of 5 - so, charging phones, cameras was a bit tricky.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends