“Out of sight, beyond the ordinary”

High 'n Wild Mountain Adventures
Ranked #9 of 45 things to do in Katoomba
More attraction details
Owner description: High and Wild Mountain Adventures has been operating since 1989. We offer Abseiling, Rock Climbing, Canyoning and Bush Survival courses. We cater for beginners through to experienced outdoor adventurers and hold all of the relevant qualifications and licenses to operate these activities.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Out of sight, beyond the ordinary”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I am still carrying with me the High n Wild "high" of being literally out there in the Blue Mountains coming down a 140' water fall on a rope. My daughter and I had a fine and thrilling time. This adventure is -- not for the timid -- life changing for as their slogan goes "Feel the Fear "(you do) and "Do it anyway" (you do).

Kudos to our guide Nathan who made the "not-easy" simple. If you want a real adventure this is the place...then we found out this was just their medium grade trip. Yea Gawds, love to find out what a high level adventure is like. Point is I'd go anywhere with Nathan and High n Wild.
'Nuf said!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank ZevwithHighnWild

Glendale, Arizona, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Activity”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We did the full day abseil and canyoning trip and really enjoyed it. The guides are great and it's a lot of fun. The only reason I give it a very good instead of excellent is because I would have enjoyed doing more, there seemed to be a little too much down time.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Emy W
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“More thrilling than I dreamed”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We did the water fall abseiling and we had the most amazing guide. The whole day was way more exciting intense than I expected. A great tour and by far the best way to see the empress canyon.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank DaveAlexande
Aidan m, Owner at High 'n Wild Mountain Adventures, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thanks for the review.
I'm glad it was more intense than you expected.
We do a range of long day canyons also, so if you want to take it up another level let me know.
Kind Regards
The High n Wild Team
Coffs Harbour, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Robbie was an excellent guide, very professional, very friendly.”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was very impressed by how professional, knowledgeable and patient our guides Robbie and Pam were when they took us out canyoning and abseiling. Naturally leaning over a cliff edge backwards can be somewhat unnerving, and even though I almost let fear get the better of me on a couple of occasions they were great at reassuring me that I was OK. It's probably not for the faint hearted, but then again if you're of this disposition you probably wouldn't be looking at doing this anyway! Great guides, great day. If you want to experience the Blue Mountains from an "extreme sports" perspective then I'd definitely recommend High n' Wild (you also get discount if you're a YHA member!)

Visited November 2013
Ventura, CA
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Time of my life”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The full day with abseil and empress falls canyoneering is one of the best days of my life. Enjoying Australia in this way was fun and shows more appreciation for mountains than just its beauty. Our wonderful guide, Nate S was fun to be around, loves what he was doing, demonstrated expertise so I had complete trust in him, shared knowledge about plants, and took as many photos as we wanted to doc this one of a kind trip. You will be so happy to conquer these experiences !!

Clothing Tips-water is cold and if they say wear thermals under wet suit you should. Also where socks meant for getting wet. Wear hiking shoes (not boots) for good traction.

Good luck!