“Worst Indian food ever”

Three Sisters Spices
Cuisines: Indian
“Worst Indian food ever”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Naan and roti are packaged food and seems to be taken from supermarket. They were heated up in microwave and tasted rubbery. Service was pathetic as well.

Visit this place only if you want packaged Indian food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rutvij s

Kangaroo Valley
“I have lived on Indian dominated countries for 15 years, and have to say that this food was excellent.”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

What a great, REAL Indian restaurant. Well done. Gorgeous. Hardworking cook who deserves a great review.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DONOT visit!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Okay, I don't usually have the patience to write restaurant reviews but I had to take the time to do this one. My girlfriend and I were driving back to Sydney from our trip at the mountains and thought we grab some dinner just before out drive. Noticed two indian restaurants with the exact same names on opposite side of the same street. Wondered these guys might know what they were doing as they had two businesses in close proximity. Walked in an the decor looked decent with the shortest tables iv ever sat at. I'm 5'7 and felt like a giant!

Looked at the menu and ordered the classic Australian favourite of butter chicken and nan. There was one other table before us and thought the wait for food shouldn't be too long.

After waiting a good 40 minutes out food arrives. It's a shocker! The butter chicken is clearly made with the sauce jar from a super market shelf and the chicken pieces are so tough to chew into. What was even more schooling was the nan. They were heated up packaged Nan from the super market ( exactly like the Mission ones at the bread section) I asked about them to the waiter/manager/partial chef and he agreed they were off a pack as his tandoor wasn't working. I asked what is fresh in the bread offerings and he mentioned Roti. I asked him to please bring them instead of the dreadful elastic nan. 5 minutes later he brings me a heated drozen roti. I knew these were the frozen type as I used them at home sometimes! He accepted they were heated too!

This was it for us. We both stood and said we are walking away. He dint seem fazed and without any apologies, demanded money for the food. We had probably had 2 bites each and the food was practically untouched. I have him a look that expressed my disgust and walked away.

I am really worried on how such a joint was even allowed to be in operation. I am now taking this complaint up with the katoomba council as a food safety issue.

• Visited June 2013