“Clearly the worst restaurant possible.. It was actually even worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Three Sisters Spices - CLOSED

Three Sisters Spices
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Clearly the worst restaurant possible.. It was actually even worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dirty floor.. Very shady ambience, dirty , serve frozen food bought from supermarket and the waiter admitted that. The naans served were clearly frozen naans of wollies heated .. When we asked him is it the premade frozen naan.. He proudly admitted.. Yes sir it is..we sent it back and he told us he can cook fresh roti only and then after 10 min he got the Coles frozen parathas. And not to forget its a 3.5 $ naan each and they charge 16$ a dish.. It's definitely a place opened for money laundering ... Not worth even a single bite. As soon as we tasted the first dish which was a pre cooked heat and use chicken.. We cancelled our entire order, paid and left.. Subway sandwich sounded much more fresh.

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never eat here! The food is per made and from the supermarket!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I've never not been able to eat a meal before. My husband and I went here for a quick meal early on a saturday night as we usually find Indian quick, consistent and delicious. We ordered when we sat down and then waited an hour for our food. We should have left when other people walked out when their food arrived, I should have asked them what was wrong. When I asked how long our food would be the waiter said he had accidentally mixed the orders and it wouldn't be long, we then saw him run out and 15min later come back with bags of shopping (I thought they may of just run out of a few things) we then waited even longer before I went inside to say not to worry about our food when we were asked again what we ordered and were quickly brought out rice (slightly cold and dry), a lamb rogan josh curry (the lamb was tough and cold inside-obviously brought premade from Coles across the road) and a horrible packet piece of naan also cold. We had a mouthful each then paid and left (lucky it was only $23 for dinner we didn't even eat). The staff didn't seem to care that they were heating premade food and charging $16.50 for a curry dish-not a place worth visiting, it's a shame it's on the main road as many people like us will accidentally walk in without knowing it is terrible and they could microwave the same meal at home for a fraction of the price! They need to hire a chef that knows how to cook Indian food or Katoomba Council should find a way to close this place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gfench111
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Wish I'd read these reviews!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was enticed to this restaurant after walking by in the afternoon and smelling the lovely aromas of indian cooking. My husband and I ventured there for dinner, as the menu on the window looked reasonable. It's not.
For $16.50 you can expect to get a very small dish of indian food. You can also expect to pay $4 (yep!) for the same sized small dish, half-filled with rice. And then, to my utter disbelief, the naan bread was clearly bought from the supermarket and had been microwaved. It was so hard in the middle that it was inedible!
The service was terrible. I suffered from really bad heart-burn for the next 24 hours (something I haven't had for years). There are so many great venues in Katoomba to eat at, I am amazed that this place can exist, but I guess I wasn't the first and won't be the last to be duped by this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Julie M
Perth, Australia
“Avoid. Terrible service, attitude and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I love Indian food and have eaten in hundreds of restaurants in different continents around the globe, but I have to say this is certainly one of my worst ever experiences.

The restaurant is uninviting in ambience and the young Indian waiter (wearing a beanie) was totally disinterested in his job. The beanie may have been a good move because although it was a cold windy evening, the door stayed open all the time I was there. It was a struggle to get him to bring me an opener for my BYO with no offer to open it or offer of a glass.

The only other clients (a table of 4 gents at 7pm on a Saturday night) were obviosuly feeling the cold too, but were lucky enough to have been given a heater.

Food arrived in reasonable time but was incredibly greasy and salty. I had to drain off a thick layer of pure grease onto a side plate just to make the dish edible.

Nan bread was clearly from a supermarket! The waiter never asked how the food was, if I wanted more etc - just as well as I think he suspected the answer.

The only positive thing I can say about this place is that I didn't get food poisoning.

There is a very pleasant Indian in Katoomba (Arjuna Indian Restaurant,16 Valley Road). Go there instead.

These guys need to put a bit of effort in otherwise they will (quite deservedly) go broke.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Trevor B
“Worst Indian food ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Naan and roti are packaged food and seems to be taken from supermarket. They were heated up in microwave and tasted rubbery. Service was pathetic as well.

Visit this place only if you want packaged Indian food.

• Visited July 2013