“Bad restaurant in Australia”
Review of Three Sisters Spices - CLOSED

Three Sisters Spices
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad restaurant in Australia”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Hi, I went this restaurant last month food was rubbish, all naan , roti bread was pack food and curry was bad as well, owner of the reataurant he doesn't know how to talk with elder, was very rude with own staff, if katoomba council can visit that reataurant pls go once don't look at cleaning , take any indian for test the food pls

1 Thank Kapil90

“Warning”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

As part of a biracial Indian Australian couple my husband and my self have eaten Indian food most of our lives and in hundreds of restaurants in different continents around the world. I have to say this is the worst ever experience in a restaurant I have ever had.

The restaurant is uninviting and the young Indian waiter if you would call him that was totally disinterested in his job and stood behind the cashier counter like a checkout man in a supermarket onl poorly dressed in dirty clothes. Communication was difficult because the waiter only spoke a few words of English. The food arrived in reasonable time but was extremly greasy with alot of onion (i assume this was to bulk it up), salty and did not even taste close to real Indian food. The food tasted like they had taken a cheap curry paste from the supermarket and put the meat in it and heated it in the microwave. I had to drain off a thick layer of pure grease onto a side plate just to try and make the dish edible. My Husbands nan bread was rock solid so much so that I could hear him crunching it from across the table so it was obvious that it was from a supermarket and had been overheated in the microwave. The waiter continued to stand at the cashier staring at us through the whole duration of our visit. We left with only eating one spoon of food and some rice after we saw 2 cockroaches on the walls. The tables were filthy as were the cutlery, plates, and chairs.
How te department of health hasn't closed this place I have no idea.

• Visited September 2013
“Clearly the worst restaurant possible.. It was actually even worse”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dirty floor.. Very shady ambience, dirty , serve frozen food bought from supermarket and the waiter admitted that. The naans served were clearly frozen naans of wollies heated .. When we asked him is it the premade frozen naan.. He proudly admitted.. Yes sir it is..we sent it back and he told us he can cook fresh roti only and then after 10 min he got the Coles frozen parathas. And not to forget its a 3.5 $ naan each and they charge 16$ a dish.. It's definitely a place opened for money laundering ... Not worth even a single bite. As soon as we tasted the first dish which was a pre cooked heat and use chicken.. We cancelled our entire order, paid and left.. Subway sandwich sounded much more fresh.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never eat here! The food is per made and from the supermarket!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I've never not been able to eat a meal before. My husband and I went here for a quick meal early on a saturday night as we usually find Indian quick, consistent and delicious. We ordered when we sat down and then waited an hour for our food. We should have left when other people walked out when their food arrived, I should have asked them what was wrong. When I asked how long our food would be the waiter said he had accidentally mixed the orders and it wouldn't be long, we then saw him run out and 15min later come back with bags of shopping (I thought they may of just run out of a few things) we then waited even longer before I went inside to say not to worry about our food when we were asked again what we ordered and were quickly brought out rice (slightly cold and dry), a lamb rogan josh curry (the lamb was tough and cold inside-obviously brought premade from Coles across the road) and a horrible packet piece of naan also cold. We had a mouthful each then paid and left (lucky it was only $23 for dinner we didn't even eat). The staff didn't seem to care that they were heating premade food and charging $16.50 for a curry dish-not a place worth visiting, it's a shame it's on the main road as many people like us will accidentally walk in without knowing it is terrible and they could microwave the same meal at home for a fraction of the price! They need to hire a chef that knows how to cook Indian food or Katoomba Council should find a way to close this place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gfench111
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Wish I'd read these reviews!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was enticed to this restaurant after walking by in the afternoon and smelling the lovely aromas of indian cooking. My husband and I ventured there for dinner, as the menu on the window looked reasonable. It's not.
For $16.50 you can expect to get a very small dish of indian food. You can also expect to pay $4 (yep!) for the same sized small dish, half-filled with rice. And then, to my utter disbelief, the naan bread was clearly bought from the supermarket and had been microwaved. It was so hard in the middle that it was inedible!
The service was terrible. I suffered from really bad heart-burn for the next 24 hours (something I haven't had for years). There are so many great venues in Katoomba to eat at, I am amazed that this place can exist, but I guess I wasn't the first and won't be the last to be duped by this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013