“Lovely, bit expensive”

Cuisines: Indian
Leura, Australia
“Lovely, bit expensive”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Don't know if this place has changed hands or what not, but we ate here on a Sunday afternoon. We had two of the main dishes with naan and rita, and both were delicious. Place is a little bit expensive though, but we came away with leftovers. Would eat here again.

• Visited August 2014

Singapore
“Not the best but sufficient”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This small Indian restaurant was opposite the Carrington Hotel and very near to the Katoomba Railway Station. The food was definitely not the best but it was Halal and conveniently located. We ordered some fish briyani, naan and chicken tikka masala. They were not very elaborately presented but we sort of expected that.

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was nice........ very small though.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We had 10 people and a baby.... they were very welcoming but it was a tight fit...

The food was okay....

Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely disgusting!!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My best friend and I decided to go out for dinner last weekend and we thought we would give 3 sisters spice a try. This was an absolutely terribable idea!!!!
To start off the terrible experience we were seated right in the door way! It was about 1 step from the doorway, on the doorstep. As it was quite cold outside we asked to move table to someone more inside the restaurant, however the waiter refused!!! He told us that we could sit here and we were not allowed to sit anywhere else. There was one other small family in the restaurant and that was it. There must have been about 6 or 7 other tables available yet he would not allow us to sit my where else apart from on the doorstep!!! Appalling!!
Once we had sat down we looked over the menu which was a bit off a difficault task seeing as there was only one and we were sitting opposite each other. We were trying to decide what to order when the waiter returned we asked if we could have a few more minutes to look over the menu more and decide but he wouldn't let us! He claimed that we had had 10 minutes and that was as much time that we were allowed to have!! We asked again because we thought he didn't understand and his response was ' no, order now!, you had 10 min, 10 min maximum. Order now! ' we were absolutely shocked. We quickly chose a butter chicken, vegetable curry and garlic naan. The only drinks they had were cans so we just got a lemonade each. After grumpily collecting the drink the waiter came back over to our table and just dumped them on the end of our table! He did not even pass them to us! No straws and not even any glasses! There was water on the table and we had to ask repeatadly just for glasses for that. He would not give us any for the lemonade. When the food finally arrived it was served on plates and bowls wrapped in alfoil! Everything was wrapped in alfoil!!! The food itself was foul. The vegetable curry was sweet! Sweet! Vegetable curry is not meant to be sweet! And the vegetables looked like they had gone through the blender they were almost mush! The butter chicken was terrible. The chicken was dry with no flavour and the sauce was plain revolting! The garlic naan was doughy and strectchy and had no flavour at all, and when we lifted it up there was remains of sauce on the alfoil below. The plate was dirty!!!! They had not even replaced the alfoil which, was terribly unpresentable anyway, let alone washed it, before dumping more food on it!!!!!!!!!! Partway through we decided we absolutely couldn't eat any more we were feeling so sick from it so decided to leave. We didn't want to waste the food though so we asked to get a plastic container to put it in. I don't know what we thought we were going to do with this disgusting food but anyway. After about 20 minutes he finally brought out the containers, which ended up being cracked and broken, and just dumped them on the end of the table and told us we could do it ourselvess!!!!!!!
And guess what! Altogether it was $60!!!! Absolutely shocking!!! I am I increditably furious. Later on at work I found out that my boss is friends with a Plummer who was asked to do some work there. He entered the kitchen and simply walked out. Shocked at how disgustingly dirty everything was!!!
And the worst part of this whole evening is that what they served up is not even Indian food!!! All the food came from packets that you buy at Coles!!!!!! So my friend and I payed $60 for food bought at Coles!!!!! I am outraged. The presentation is shocking, the service is shocking, the venue is shocking!!! And they even had a movie playing, really loudly as well I might add, of some skantily dressed woman rubbing up and down men and dancing sexually!! This is not
appropriate especially seeing as families with young children may come in!!!
WORST RESTERANT EVER!!!!! SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!
Overal it was an absolutely terrible experience and I strongly urge you to stay away from it!!!

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Niamh M
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Great spice and great food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I loved the meal I had ordered, Dall Makhani (Lentils in a butter and herb sauce). It was the perfect size, and had just the right amount of spice to it for my sensitive tongue. It was a tiny place that packed a lot of taste into its meals!

It did not have a bathroom, but the waitor showed me to the library around the corner, so all was not lost.

Visited April 2014