We recently stayed at the Palais Royale on NY’s day (1 Jan’12 – 2 Jan’12) and I forgot to check Trip Advisor before booking…….so my expectation were pretty low upon reading the reviews! We were pleasantly greeted and shown to our room. The room was pretty and well maintained. Room amenities were a little basic but we weren’t planning on staying in our room all night so no big deal. Given the age of the hotel I wasn’t expecting anything new either. All public amenities were working with the exception of the Spa – boo to that! (Apparently they are getting a new one) We used the Sauna instead. Beds were comfy, no issues of noise as we had a room on the car park side which had a great view. We requested Breakfast at 8am and by 8.10am the host had taken our cooked breakfast order and setup coffee/cereal for us to nibble on while we waited. The Restaruant room is magic, bright natural light with leadlight glassed windows which reflected on the old timbers of the room magic. We really enjoyed our stay at the Palais Royale and would recommend. We were surprised to learn we were the only guests staying at the hotel on that night - rating 4/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming Heritage hotel in the main street of Katoomba, so leave your car and walk to dozens of restaurants and attractions. Make sure to visit us in our lounge café where we serve locally produce best coffee and selective locally grown organic wines and beers. ENJOY OUR NEW FREE WIFI FROM ALL ROOMS!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Palais Royale Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Katoomba, Australia