The building and the room looked posh.
But later it turned out that the management tried to save on some simple and presumably not too expensive things. In the room and the resturant there was just 1 sort of tea (black lipton), no green at all. The heating didn't work and at night it was very cold. Fortunately there was an additional blanket. Bathroom items could be better too. The breakfast was OK. The stuff was friendly and nice. The best thing was location!
You'd expect a bit more for AU$153 per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming Heritage hotel in the main street of Katoomba, so leave your car and walk to dozens of restaurants and attractions. Make sure to visit us in a few weeks as our new lounge café will be opening! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Palais Royale Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Katoomba, Australia