Do not believe the negative comments from people who are too critical of anything other than perfection. The hotel is an older style retro hotel, but has been very tastefully refurbished, giving it a wonderful old style charm, while still being very comfortable. There are still improvements that could be made, but I am sure that over time they will come as it is a "work in progress"! My wife and I stayed in a Deluxe double room for two nights, and found it to be an extremely pleasant experience. The receptionist was extremely helpful with any advice that we sought, the room was very clean and tidy, and was at least as big as the majority of normal motel rooms. The room air conditioning worked effectively, and we found the bed to be just to our liking. We enjoyed breakfast in the Hotel dining room each morning, and found it to be very adequate and at least comparable in price to most cafes/restaurants in the main street. The hotel is very close to the central business district, and all usual amenities. Contrary to some reports Wifi is available in lounge areas at a small cost - extension of this service to all rooms in today's world would be desirable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming Heritage hotel in the main street of Katoomba, so leave your car and walk to dozens of restaurants and attractions. Make sure to visit us in a few weeks as our new lounge café will be opening! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palais Royale Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Katoomba, Australia