In general, this is a very good stop over, the hotel was clean, the bed was firm, air con worked really well (it was 38 Celsius when I was there). Truth be told, this hotel is tired, the carpet is worn down and bathroom needs renovating and fixing - the shower has no pressure, the water mixes on its own as you shower so you've got hot then cold, then hot again so you need to adjust all the time.
The location of this hotel is right in the center of Katoomba walking distance to everything. You could potentially walk to the 3 sisters, too - allow about 15 - 20 minutes one way - but if you do any of the walks down the stairs into the canyon and then back up again, you might find it a bit hard to walk back to the hotel at the end of the walk.
There was ample parking available but nothing covered. Also, there was hot buffet breakfast included in price - the standard eggs, bacon, baked beans, and continental options, coffee, tea.
I'd stay here again, but only as a stop over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming Heritage hotel in the main street of Katoomba, so leave your car and walk to dozens of restaurants and attractions. Make sure to visit us in our lounge café where we serve locally produce best coffee and selective locally grown organic wines and beers. ENJOY OUR NEW FREE WIFI FROM ALL ROOMS!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Palais Royale Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Katoomba, Australia