“Grubby yucky stay”

The Spa at Lilianfels
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrounded by spectacular national parks in the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains, a visit to Lilianfels Spa is like returning home.Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Enter a space where you are supported to discover your natural state of balance. The spa is open daily.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grubby yucky stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Much to my horror the room was not clean. Bits of the loo were broken which was actually disgusting. The fridge didn't work. Indeed everything looked a little tired and grubby. I have stayed before and didn't have a problem but this time... I brought all my complaints to the managements attention but didn't feel I was truly listened to. I thought this would be a place I would continue to frequent but alas it appears that is not to be. I would now highly recommend "The Greens of Leura", as another choice.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ms_g_butters
Ralf B, General Manager at The Spa at Lilianfels, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa Blue Mountains.

I am disappointed to read that your recent stay was not of the high caliber you would expect. Rest assured that I have taken your points, and addressed them with my team.

I hope you will accept my apologies, and we are able to welcome you back in the near future as this is not of the normal high standard of Lilianfels.

With thanks,

Ralf Bruegger
Group General Manager

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A relaxing day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

On the last day of our stay in the Blue Mountains we had a wonderful day relaxing in the Spa at Lilianfels. We took advantage of the outdoor infinity pool (slightly chilly but very refreshing!), lazed in the indoor pool and used the steam room, sauna and spa before our treatments. The massages were heavenly and the staff were very polite and helpful. My only criticism is that the sauna, spa and steam room are gender separate and located in the male and female changing rooms. For some I'm sure this is a preference but for us, if my husband and I are spending the day together we actually prefer to see each other!

Ralf B, General Manager at The Spa at Lilianfels, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent experience @ The Spa at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort on tripadvisor.com

It’s with great pleasure to read that your Spa experience with us was wonderful and relaxing.

We pride ourselves with great customer service, and fantastic facilities. I understand you point re the Sauna, Spa and Stem room, but the only way to overcome this would be to build one in each treatment room. I hope this this was only a small issue and we will see you again soon.

With thanks,

Ralf Bruegger
Group General Manager
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Go all out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Now this place is heavenly and well worth while. From the minute you walk down those steps into reception, you feel like you're in another world, its so quiet and the lights are dimmed and you feel like you've died and gone to heaven. The candles and water features everywhere were lovely and the sunken waiting area was simply lovely. I could have quite happily stayed there for an hour. Extremely soothing to relax a stressed body.

I had The Rock Temple treatment which was volcanic stone massage followed by being massaged with camomile, roses in a muslin cloth (I think!) followed by scalp massage etc. Lovely treatment which took 2 hours. I have to admit I did fall asleep half way through it! So very relaxing and soothing to the mind, body and spirit. Adorable and well worth the money.

Staff were very attentive and professional, couldn't fault them in any way - I think my masseuse was Kerry Ann, she was fabulous. I will return!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank casula
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Absolute bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

From the moment I walked into the atmosphere of the day spa, I felt like I walked into another world. The energy was so relaxing, the perfectly chosen decor, water features, glistening candles - very soothing to the soul. The hot stone massage I had was absolutely wonderful - extremely relaxing & rejuvenating. My only one complaint is the high prices - but I'd so do it again! I cannot recommend this day spa enough!

Visited August 2012
Bathurst, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“massage was worth the $”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I would recommend the massage at The Spa @ Lillianfels, courteous, respectful massage therapist whom delivered an excellent massage using macadamia oil.

Visited August 2011