“Not Fantastic, will not return!”

The Spa at Lilianfels
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrounded by spectacular national parks in the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains, a visit to Lilianfels Spa is like returning home.Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Enter a space where you are supported to discover your natural state of balance. The spa is open daily.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed alone a few weeks ago and although I enjoyed the Hotel and the experience at the Spa was not completely satisfied. However, going against my better judgement my wife insisted she wanted to stay there over the school holidays for a few nights.

I warned my wife about my last experience with the spa and that there are unqualified therapists performing treatments. However, she insisted once again, that she wanted to indulge in some treatments.

The receptionist on the phone when we were booking was very helpful and was able to suggest some good treatments to my wife.
However, the same receptionist was there from my last visit. Melinda or Melissa came across as not very warming and quite false. She was quite abrupt and did not seem to have the same workplace culture as other staff members.
Although I did not experience the same rudeness as last time it felt very awkward, as if she doesn't want to work there. Neither my wife or I are forthcoming people so we did not question or ask if the therapist was qualified to perform the treatments. Just hoping that nothing would result from that.

My wife thoroughly enjoyed her massage, and felt that the rooms were maintained well (although the whole area is dimly lit). My wife was glad that she was allocated a more experienced therapist as this gave her some security that she was getting what she paid for.

I tried to give the spa another chance, however, it does not seem to be worth the cost. I have read great reviews of but unfortunately on both occasions I have not experienced this. We will likely not return to the spa, however the Hotel is great.

7  Thank John_Smith_592
Ralf B, General Manager at The Spa at Lilianfels, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Day Spa at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa

I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for with our spa treatments and massages.

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured all issues raised will be addressed with our Day Spa Manager

I hope I will see you again soon at Lilianfels Day Spa

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We originally got a spa treatment as part of our package. When we arrived I asked if I could change to deeper massage and a facial. The staff were happy to oblige. The two ladies who looked after us were friendly and helpful. I got a hot rock treatment that took out knots that had probably been there for years. It was obvious the lady who did me was very skilled. My wife just had the relaxation treatment and was very happy. Very pleasant. Thank you.

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable spa treatment, and enjoyed our day spa facilities and our spa angels that looked after you.

I hope we can welcome you back to Lilianfels Day Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice massage in relaxing surroundings. The facilities are good and everything was very clean. The complimentary herbal tea was a nice touch. My only complaint. .I asked the therapist to apply a bit more pressure and was told that I would have to pay more for that !! as it was not the type of massage I had booked ! The massage although nice was over-priced.

1  Thank KelsSydney_Australia

I hope I will see you again soon at Lilianfels Day Spa

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Much to my horror the room was not clean. Bits of the loo were broken which was actually disgusting. The fridge didn't work. Indeed everything looked a little tired and grubby. I have stayed before and didn't have a problem but this time... I brought all my complaints to the managements attention but didn't feel I was truly listened to. I thought this would be a place I would continue to frequent but alas it appears that is not to be. I would now highly recommend "The Greens of Leura", as another choice.

1  Thank ms_g_butters
Ralf B, General Manager at The Spa at Lilianfels, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa Blue Mountains.

I am disappointed to read that your recent stay was not of the high caliber you would expect. Rest assured that I have taken your points, and addressed them with my team.

I hope you will accept my apologies, and we are able to welcome you back in the near future as this is not of the normal high standard of Lilianfels.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

On the last day of our stay in the Blue Mountains we had a wonderful day relaxing in the Spa at Lilianfels. We took advantage of the outdoor infinity pool (slightly chilly but very refreshing!), lazed in the indoor pool and used the steam room, sauna and spa before our treatments. The massages were heavenly and the staff were very polite and helpful. My only criticism is that the sauna, spa and steam room are gender separate and located in the male and female changing rooms. For some I'm sure this is a preference but for us, if my husband and I are spending the day together we actually prefer to see each other!

Ralf B, General Manager at The Spa at Lilianfels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent experience @ The Spa at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort on tripadvisor.com

It’s with great pleasure to read that your Spa experience with us was wonderful and relaxing.

We pride ourselves with great customer service, and fantastic facilities. I understand you point re the Sauna, Spa and Stem room, but the only way to overcome this would be to build one in each treatment room. I hope this this was only a small issue and we will see you again soon.