Badly in need of a renovation, probably last decorated in about 1975, our family room was somewhat smaller than we had expected based on the motel website, and the trundle bed for one of our two kids made the room seem smaller still. The beds were comfortable however, the showers worked fine, and we were very pleased with our breakfasts, which contained a few pleasant surprises rarely seen at hotel buffets (curried sausages! french toast) as well as all of the usual suspects. Great breakfast room decorated with framed newspaper front pages of significant events. The motel is very well situated in Katoomba - but the adjacent town of Leura is far prettier, has fewer gloomy shut-down businesses, and would be our pick over Katoomba if we were to stay in the Blue Mountains again.
Pergola/picnic table was just outside our room so we were kept awake several nights by boozed up tourists chatting late into the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Katoomba Town Centre Motel is a proud member of the Equeva Group, established with a view to provide the Complete Accommodation Experience for every type of traveller; from individuals to extended families. Located in Katoomba, in the scenic upper Blue Mountains. Our motel is rich with culture, friendly customer service and located in the heart of Katoomba Town Centre where you can enjoy a variety of cafes, shops, galleries and walks to parks abundant with beautiful native flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Katoomba Town Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katoomba Town Centre Hotel Katoomba
- Katoomba Town Centre Blue Mountains, Australia