“Nice Hotel within CBD” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Australia
“Nice Hotel within CBD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Had a spa room. Room size big, plenty of room. Desk plus table and two chairs. Spa was nice, bathroom average size. Shower very small and typical water saver head. Bed was comfortable.

Heating wise room well equipment, electric blankets, electric fake fire place, water heater and spilt air con. We had a road facing room so a little traffic noise nothing to bad. I guess rooms at the rear of the complex would be quiet.

Breakfast was included in our deal. Full hot breakfast and normal cereals and toast. No complains able to fill up and all items restocked. (Bacon, eggs (various ways), sausages, bake beans, spegitte, tomato, etc. No complains. If you don't get it in room package, its only $12 per person so good value.

Motel is located near Three sister so you could walk in about 30mins. Location is near RSL and situation on the main street.

Room was clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DazzaMeg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Branxton, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Comfortable hotel, great location, a little expensive for what it is - but we agreed to pay it on a busy weekend.
I gave them my CC details "for a $50 deposit" but when checking in found that the whole amount had been pre charged without me presenting my card, or agreeing to the charges. Mmmm - a little inappropriate.
Then on checking out questioned a charge. On saying that this had not been mentioned to me, the response was "well you didnt ask either". Mmmm for the second time. It was then I invoked what as a reasonabIe person I have have never said before, and said that I thought Trip Advisor may be interested in this...
An hour later a call from the husband saying that I had "abused" his wife. Clearly and patently incorrect. He wasnt there, but my friend was. Just plain wrong.
The Mr Charming said that he would be "paying me a visit at my house". Just who does this jerk think he is using such priveliged information in this way to threaten a customer!
But doesnt finish there. When I didnt accept his second call, he left a message telling me to"man up, come back and come and sort this thing out, you know where we are, and we know where you are" Also something about "paying my debts"... whatever that means when I have been told that it has all been charged to my CC)
(To the owner : I have saved this message if you would like me to play it to you.)
This bears out TA comment below on "attitude"
No sir - I will not be returning to "sort this thing out" - not now, not never!
Some people just lack the experience to operate a guest service - and/ or just get a little too old to handle situations correctly

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Gus M
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed at this place before and it was fine. This time we stayed at one of the rooms on Easter weekend. The room was spacious enough. The bathroom and the rest, looks original. It needs renovating badly. The breakfast was excellent and the staff very friendly. Location is as good as it gets in Katoomba.

My main gripe is with check-in. We arrived at 11.00 am and asked if we could check in if the the rooms were ready. I was told they were not ready. I asked the owner how he knew if he had not checked. He then said that they don't check in guests before 1.00 pm regardless. I asked why and he said that we could trip while negotiating vacuum cleaners and other cleaning equipment and that the insurance would not cover it. I pointed out that a guest from the night before could also trip and hurt themselves. The owner said that they would be covered because they were checked in. At this point I did not see any point to continue with this and didn't bother pointing out that if he checked us in, we would also be checked in guests. The owner was not very friendly.

For this reason alone I don't think we will stay at this motel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cromansydney
Sudney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We found the rooms very reasonably priced, very clean & higher rated then expected. the Manager bent over backwards to be helpful & even gave us a dvd player to use free of charge as I mentioned that I had just bought a few dvds in town. (was very sad to see so many small business had closed down over the past 18 months, other owners told me they were closing soon because of the high electricity costs since the carbon tax came in) the only bad thing was, the buffet breakfast was far too good & I ate too much !!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

After looking at a couple of other motels in Katoomba we stayed here after they offered us a great deal.
We got their deluxe room & breakfast for standard rate. The room was large and had been recently refurbished. The bathroom was modern & immaculate with large walk in shower.
Cooked breakfast was delicious & plenty of it.
Nice ambience throughout.
The person on the desk was knowledgeable, helpful and very polite.
Great location within the town & walking distance to the 'three sisters'
Also another great reason to stay here is that they have another motel located opposite the Three Sisters site. This allows patrons from the Town Centre to park free instead of paying at the carpark.

Room Tip: We had a room at the top of the hotel. Request a deal!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have never complained about accommodation or attitudes of people of where I have stayed before However here goes! I paid a deposit on a specific room where I had stayed in before. I did this over the phone and paid by credit card! I was told it was available and there wouldn't be a problem. I arrived and was given another room that was way below expectations. It wasn't as good as the other room so I declined the room. You would think that they would at least give you an apology and your money back and maybe even a discount for future bookings however they created an argument and refused point blank to give my deposit back! Be very careful in dealing with the people here, With their attitude they can get you in more than one way!
Wouldn't go near the place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Murray W
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Badly in need of a renovation, probably last decorated in about 1975, our family room was somewhat smaller than we had expected based on the motel website, and the trundle bed for one of our two kids made the room seem smaller still. The beds were comfortable however, the showers worked fine, and we were very pleased with our breakfasts, which contained a few pleasant surprises rarely seen at hotel buffets (curried sausages! french toast) as well as all of the usual suspects. Great breakfast room decorated with framed newspaper front pages of significant events. The motel is very well situated in Katoomba - but the adjacent town of Leura is far prettier, has fewer gloomy shut-down businesses, and would be our pick over Katoomba if we were to stay in the Blue Mountains again.
Pergola/picnic table was just outside our room so we were kept awake several nights by boozed up tourists chatting late into the night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TravellingAussieMum
charles80, Owner at Katoomba Town Centre, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Hi Travelling Aussie Mum
Thankyou for yur review and positive comments about our great position and breakfasts. Property is family owned and always in the process of updating and improvement, the family rooms came about as like you we travelled extensively with a young family and found that accommodtion was very expensive when you try to sleep 4 to 5 persons.To help families or even groups of adults enjoy a stay away, we designed a full size single trundle bed that lives under the exsisting single bed, we only charge for 3 persons in the room, the 4th is free. Most guests appreciate the cost saving even if the trundle takes up a little extra room. Beds are all recent and are 5 star quality.
Katoomba has more interesting bric-a brac shops, lots of restaurants and some nice bars, Leura has more cafes, both are different, its all a matter of choice and it is great that they are so close together.
Sorry about the pergola, it is not been mentioned before, we are in the process of moving it into the BBQ garden.
Hope to see you again