“Old world charm”

Mountain Heritage
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
“Old world charm”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is an old wolrld hotel, feel like you are stepping back in time. Beautiful vintage decor, my husband and I loved it. Although my teenager, was like why is everything so old : )

We enjoyed having a wine in the lounge area, with the open fire. We had a premier room, which was perfect as had a king bed, and separate room with single sofa bed for our son. The room was spotless . Location is so central, a nice five minute walk to shops and restaurants .

Room Tip: Room 4' good for a family
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mimz40
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear mimz40
Thank you for providing us with your comments. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, and especially happy to receive such positive feedback. Glad you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of our cocktail bar & lounge with the open fire which is a great asset at this time of year. We have shared your comments regarding the spotless room, with our Housekeeper and her staff who attended room 4 during your stay. It is also pleasing you found the location to be central and close to shops and other restaurants.
Once again thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you back with us again when next you travel to the beautiful Blue Mountains.
Eric Sward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had the privelidge of staying at this hotel during our stay for the winter magic festival.

After what had been a mildly chaotic trip (Sydney traffic!) we were greeted by a friendly member of staff and our bags brought to the room. Let the relaxing begin!

We then had dinner at the restaraunt and was quite surprised by the level of service and again friendly staff we encountered.

The hotel is conveniently located within a few minutes walk to the Katoomba city centre. Old world charm, great food, great service and awesome views.

I would highly recommend a stay here.

Overall all i would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zorro116
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Zorro116
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and had a very positive experience with our service and staff & the views and charm of our very unique retreat. It is encouraging to receive such reviews and we enjoy sharing them with our team.
Once again, thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback, and we hope you will return to stay with us again.
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Spa view room was beautiful, they even made the cot for the baby when they cleaned the room, and made time for me in the day spa at the last minute on a Saturday! Only downside, the breakfast is nothing to rave about.

• Stayed May 2013
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear tashgoodwin,
We are delighted to receive your very positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Glad to hear you liked the spa view room, they certainly are well worth the little extra. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff, who are always happy to receive good appreciative feedback from our guests. It seems we still haven't got breakfast quite right, so we will continue to work on improving that area of our product offering.
Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know how we went.
Thirroul
Reviewed 28 May 2013

An old style hotel that has been rejuvenated, keeping the old world style of the 1920,s but with the luxury of the 21st Century. Spa rooms are spacious and clean, the fireplace helps set a romantic scene, even in summer.

Resturant was full of old style charm, the cuisine was modern and top class.

Location is close to main street and station and a good walk to the Three Sisters.

This is our third time and won,t be our last

Room Tip: Ask for a spa room and if you can afford it get a valley facing room....the views are excellent
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert M,
Many Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear you enjoyed exactly what our Retreat is all about, and also that you enjoyed our restaurant cuisine, and the convenience of our location. Your feedback is even more valuable, given you have stayed with us before. It is indeed a good tip for the view rooms, and we hope you will return again soon.
Once again, thank you for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it.
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We have stayed at the Mountain Heritage several times now and always have a pleasant stay. The spa room was comfortable the bed a little on the hard side for us but the room was nice and warm on a cold mountain night. We would prefer if they put on a full breakfast with the room tariff, we hate paying extra for upgrades when you pay so much for the room. The hotel has a real ambiance that makes for a relaxing stay with plenty of places to admire the mountains.

The staff at breakfast were friendly and attentive, we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Star_Trekers
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I will be sure to share these with our team. Yes we have recently changed our packages to include a continental buffet breakfast, which is getting some great customer reviews, we did this so we can add cooked to order hot food (for a small extra charge) which our guest feedback indicates is a strong preference, we do also provide hot food buffet style during very busy times or when this is requested by large parties or groups. We find this has added value to our packages, and I trust this did not deter from the enjoyment of your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Return guests, who take the time to provide us with their comments are gold to us, and provide a great barometer on how we are really doing. Thank you again.
Stuart Town
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our Wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our stay but the staff at reception made us feel as though they were more important than us. I don't see how that works when we are the one paying. We paid for a package which we did get except for the chocolates we were told we would get. The food for both dinner and breakfast was wonderful. Also when we checked out my husband asked for a receipt but it all seemed to hard. We didn't end up need it thankfully. My only other issues was I left my phone charger there by accident I call the moment I realised which was the same day and I was told it would be posted out to me COD I think that is rude considering what we paid for the night and I had to call twice about it as no one called me back like I was promised.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear Coralie,
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us.
I have shared your comments with our reception staff, & it is disappointing we did not "get it right" for you during your stay. It is pleasing however that you did enjoy your stay and the food at both dinner and breakfast. We hope you will come back, and stay with us again, and I would be pleased to hear from you directly, to help with your reservation.
Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with some comments which will help us review and improve our service.
Sydney
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband booked this hotel for a weekend in April 2013 and when I saw the mixed reviews on Tripadvisor I was hesitant. However, I can say that I really don't know what all the negatives are about. This hotel is what it is. It's an old hotel that has had a good revamp. Downstairs is wonderful with plenty of relaxed seating and wonderful fireplaces for the cold nights. The staff were very helpful and the restaurant was first rate. The hotel was nearly full when we went but you didn't notice. If you are a history buff you will love it. The hotel itself is away from the main streets so noise is at a minimum. As for the rooms you get what you pay for as with all hotels. If you want a view, don't take a standard heritage room as we did, because you won't get one. Take the one that clearly states heritage view room. Our room was large and clean and the bed was comfortable. Yes, it was dated and could have done with a bit of a spruce up but it didnt realy matter You only go there to shower and sleep. The spa is housed in a separate wonderful federation building and was great. Also booked out so do as I did and make your booking in advance. Friday and Saturday nights they have a wonderful man playing piano before and after the dinner and there was plenty of laughter If you are wanting excitement and a lively atmosphere this is not for you but if you want a restful stay with a relaxing atmosphere this is for you

Room Tip: If you want a view choose one that clearly states this My big tip would be to also ask for a room t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daisylinz
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear Daisylinz,
Thank you for your very positive feedback, we are always delighted to share such great reviews with our staff. we are very pleased you enjoyed our restaurant and Spa Sublime, our Day Spa.
Alan, our resident pianist is also pleased to receive your positive comments.
Thank you for staying with us, it is good advice to book one of our View Rooms as they are certainly worth it. We hope we can welcome you back to the beautiful Blue Mountains once again.
Eric Sward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains
The George Boutique Hotel
The George Boutique Hotel
#3 of 5 in Blackheath

Been to Mountain Heritage? Share your experiences!