“Lovely hotel spoiled by dreadful beds”
Review of Mountain Heritage

Mountain Heritage
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful, the staff are lovely, the view is gorgeous and the location is perfect but the one thing that let the side down was the truly awful beds in our twin spa view room. They were very narrow and extremely hard with worn mattresses completely lacking in any kind of padding. Sadly two uncomfortable nights and very little sleep indeed put a damper on an otherwise relaxing getaway. I would very much like to return but unfortunately the beds are a bit of a deal breaker.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maxi M
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Maxi M
We are very pleased you enjoyed the hotel, our staff and the wonderful views.
It is very disappointing you found the beds to be hard and uncomfortable.
I would be pleased if you could take the time to call me at the Hotel so I can discuss this with you directly.
Once again, many thanks for providing your considered feedback.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked a Heritage View room which was spotless, spacious and elegantly presented. The bed was a bit firm and the pillows were hard, I decided not to use it on the second night. The hot shower was very relaxing though. There was a lovely view of the township from the dining area. Buffet continental breakfast was included in our booking but there wasn't much of a selection. The cold cuts and cheese platter was
just the size of a table order and not replenished. I must say though that inspite of this, breakfast was still filling.

Also, it is a good walk to Leura Mall from here.

Overall, we had a good relaxing stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank PasyalNamin

Dear PasyalNamin
Thank you for providing your feedback. It is pleasing you enjoyed the wonderful views from our restaurant, and our spacious and spotless room met your expectations.
I am sorry the continental buffet selection for breakfast was not as extensive as you expected, I will certainly review this immediately.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I enjoy staying in lovely old spacious places that evoke days when people mingled in the communal areas and on terraces etc. The Mountain Heritage is an excellent example with large spacious lounges looking across the mountains. We only had a short overnight stay, but the overall ambiance and clean and tidy room itself made for a perfectly satisfying visit. I cannot comment on service beyond a friendly welcome and handed a key and given directions to our room, which was an adventure in itself! My 8 year old granddaughter also loved staying in what she called the 'mansion'.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank beth w
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear beth w
Thank you very much for your positive review.
It is pleasing you enjoyed the atmosphere and ambiance we have created here at out our 'mountain mansion', which is now in it's 106th year.
We are still operating as a guest house, the purpose for which it was originally built, and the design is such that the number of corridors can indeed be an adventure in themselves.
As you may appreciate, this is part of the charm of the building.
We hope you will return again soon with your family & may I suggest Yulefest in late June & July which is a wonderful family friendly event.
general Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I'v been to blue mountain countless time but this was the first time staying over night! Very friendly and nice staff! they let me play their grand piano! We stayed in the spa view room ( room with 2 big windows) and I was very happy with the view and the display in the room. Unfortunately the hotel wasn't opened for dinner that night but i guess it gave us opportunities to explore nice restaurants around the hotel~

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eric S, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Kitty X
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sure other guests enjoyed your piano playing as much as our staff did.
We trust your next visit will be an overnight stay as well, and we hope we can welcome you back to The Mountain Heritage.
Thank you once again for taking the time to review our Mountain Retreat.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Have stayed in this place twice and wouldn't mind staying again on my next trip to the Blue Mountains. Hotel is lovely, opposite to modern, it is very homy, Restaurant with pleasant ambiance and view.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mishee M
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We also, would love to welcome you back when next you travel to the Blue Mountains.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I stayed there two nights.
Great location especially when having breakfast, you can have the view over the mountain.
However the room was not serviced when we came back second night! Used towels were in the bath tub with no replacement. The toothbrush we brought were binned. Bed was not done at all. We had to go to the reception asking for clean towels and shower gels. We didn't ask for a change of room as too tired.
The room was quite noisy as you can clearly hear the foot steps upstairs.
A great or terrible experience would make me want to write a review and this one was terrible!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Mikeyang13

Dear Mikeyang 13
Thank you for your feedback.
I am following up on your comments, it seems our housekeeping has made an error in not servicing your room.
Please accept our apology for this unfortunate mistake.
I would love to discuss this with you and will call you direct on the number you gave us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very elegant and quite hotel even the day we checked in was fully-booked. The staffs are polite and well-trained. The room is well-decorated with old vintage style. Love the backyard garden and lobby of the hotel especially.

Room Tip: Rooms with view and spa