I don't know how anyone could rate this motel as a 3.5 star.
it is at best 2 star
The motel was great - we had an excellent time - they provided us with complimentary tourist newspaper which had a map and sightseeing hotspots - really made our vacation in the Blue Mountains. The overall condition of the rooms was clean. They had complementary tea and coffee and working refrigerators. The TV selection wasn't great, but it had something for everyone. The hotel staff were courteous and friendly. They had a DVD selection and games in the lobby/reception area. The doors auto-locked so we had to be careful about the key.
Also the parking bays and entry into the motel was difficult - we managed it with our Toyota Camry, but a bigger family car, station-wagon or wider-shaped car, would find it difficult to get into the narrow parking bays and entrance.
We were disappointed with the air-conditioning - yes they had it, barely working at all, and it felt like it was built in the 1900s. It was pointless to have it on. Nonetheless the rooms were cool enough anyway so it wasn't an issue, but if you need air-conditioning, stay away.
These days, having free wifi - access to email and web-browsing is standard, and should be free. We came for two days, and it would have been helpful to have web-browsing facilities for free. We're paying for the room and use of facilities, it should be included in the price.
The shower was decent. It did not have a curtain or door which was annoying, they also didn't provide shampoo.
So far, this motel wasn't worth coming to again, but it wasn't bad enough that we didn't have a good time, its just that it wasn't worth a 3.5 star rating. If it had been a 2.5 star rating then I would have expected far less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Blue Mountains Motel with a B&B atmosphere is perfectly positioned in the heart of this stunning World Heritage area in the main town of Katoomba. The motel is family owned and operated, your hosts Jamie and Kerry are on hand to offer that extra personal touch and attention to detail to create a friendly relaxed atmosphere during your stay. Spend a night - Not a fortune!! The Sky Rider Motor Inn is renowned for providing clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation in a quiet garden setting. Our 24 guest rooms types vary from Queen, Twin, Deluxe and a range of Family rooms, all provided with free wireless internet. Our popular salt water swimming pool and BBQ area are favourites with our guests can enjoy their breakfast in our dining room with garden views and open log fire for the cooler months, we serve a full continental breakfast as well as hot breakfast daily. Free parking is available to all of our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sky Rider Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Rider Motor Hotel Katoomba
- Sky Rider Motor Inn Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia