Eating here was the most terrible experience I've had in a while regarding dining! I was embarrassed bringing people here! After a nice weekend celebrating my 30th we were all looking forward to a satisfying breakfast.... That it was not!
1. We ask for a table of 8... The girl looks around (an almost empty floor) and walks away. Along with 5 other girls, they stand around looking confused & between chit chat and sideways glances have not worked out where to sit us.
2. They finally suggest a booth for 6 & a separate table for 2...?!?!?! Asked about the spare tables... they say they are reserved. Fine! No one sits at those tables till we were leaving! OR they could have put together a few table to make a table for 8.
3. They do not take your order but make you walk up & pay (this is no real issue but seeing as they are standing around doing jack all, I can't see why it's an effort and at most seated venues orders are taken at the table.
4. When the food finally starts arriving. They don't know what they are carrying (standard breakfast/Canadian breakfast etc) so just put all the plates down on the table & we sort out our food ourselves. Two people have no breakfast!
5. Most had finished eating while the two hadn't even received theirs (the others had to eat or it would go cold). No one came to ask if the food was OK or if everyone had what they ordered so they had no idea that 2 plates of food had not arrived. Sooooo up to the counter the two went. Only to be told, theirs was 'on the way' (it hadn't even been made judging by the additional 15 mins it took to come out). When they finally did, bacon was missing & took an additional, no joke, 10 mins to come out!!!! We made the mistake of ordering extra hash browns.... that took an extra 10 mins too!
6. One girl went to the toilet at least 10 times in as many minutes, she seemed sick yet was there handing food! While the other 3-5 just stood around talking. There was almost ZERO customer service aside from bringing the food to the table.
OVERALL, terrible service! Bad experience! Funnily enough, this restaurant is where a Thai restaurant we visited 2 yrs ago was... in which almost the same group of people went through an identical experience, right down to the same two people being the ones without meals! Same owners perhaps?!?!?! I'd say being a small town you're not use to large (?) groups but then again you are a tourist hot spot so if you can't handle 8 people, not sure you'll be round long enough for the busloads of tourists (just like the Thai place before you).
Food was average, well I liked mine! I had a standard breakfast. Others didn't so much.They had the Canadian breakfast (x5 ppl), blueberry pancakes and chicken a la King, i think it was.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.