“Forgotten order”

Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Description: We are a casual dining, family style restaurant with a special focus on delicious pancakes and yummy breakfast meals and other tasty meals.
“Forgotten order”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Walked in and thought it was a lovely place and was excited to try out their pancakes. I didn't mind the at counter ordering as there was no line up at the time. After ordering it didn't take long for my partners or my Childs food to come out, I waited for mine thinking mine was just about to come out. After about 20mins of watching my family eat someone came to ask if our meal was alright. I then said I didn't get my order. She went to go check about my order by talking to the guy at the bar while looking at me for about 5mins before coming back to tell me it was on its way. After waiting another 15mins my pancakes did come out, but for blueberry pancakes you think it would have some blueberries but no all it had was some blueberry jam on top of dry pancakes. We only came down for the day from the hunter valley and with waiting so long for a disappointing meal took up a lot of our adventure time. Needless to say. I won't be returning.

1 Thank Leanne B

Kemps Creek, Australia
“Spacious yet cosy”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was very pleased with our visit to pancakes on the mountain. The Apple crumble was beautiful and filling. The kids selection was very cool and unique with popping sound effects. A great family atmosphere with lovely staff. Only downside I might say is that it is a little dark and dingey but all the positives compensate for this.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank colliegirl01
Canberra, Australia
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This café is excellent and worth looking out for - there is a sign on the street but you have to enter a door and then walk down stairs - it is worth the journey. There was a variety of pancakes from the simple to a full Canadian Breakfast with real maple syrup. A good selection of tea and coffee was available too. Sitting is in booths or tables on the main floor - go for a booth if possible a bit more room. Service was warm and friendly but a bit slow so make sure you have a bit of time to enjoy the experience. Décor interesting and a bit quirky Katoomba style

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Fiona S
Wentworth Falls
“Filling!!!! ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

First time we'd been there and i found it too be pretty good and very filling the milkshake was great and served in a very cool jar... Can't wait too check out more of the menu

2 Thank K8kittykat
Sydney, Australia
“Pancakes vs. Patience”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Eating here was the most terrible experience I've had in a while regarding dining! I was embarrassed bringing people here! After a nice weekend celebrating my 30th we were all looking forward to a satisfying breakfast.... That it was not!

1. We ask for a table of 8... The girl looks around (an almost empty floor) and walks away. Along with 5 other girls, they stand around looking confused & between chit chat and sideways glances have not worked out where to sit us.

2. They finally suggest a booth for 6 & a separate table for 2...?!?!?! Asked about the spare tables... they say they are reserved. Fine! No one sits at those tables till we were leaving! OR they could have put together a few table to make a table for 8.

3. They do not take your order but make you walk up & pay (this is no real issue but seeing as they are standing around doing jack all, I can't see why it's an effort and at most seated venues orders are taken at the table.

4. When the food finally starts arriving. They don't know what they are carrying (standard breakfast/Canadian breakfast etc) so just put all the plates down on the table & we sort out our food ourselves. Two people have no breakfast!

5. Most had finished eating while the two hadn't even received theirs (the others had to eat or it would go cold). No one came to ask if the food was OK or if everyone had what they ordered so they had no idea that 2 plates of food had not arrived. Sooooo up to the counter the two went. Only to be told, theirs was 'on the way' (it hadn't even been made judging by the additional 15 mins it took to come out). When they finally did, bacon was missing & took an additional, no joke, 10 mins to come out!!!! We made the mistake of ordering extra hash browns.... that took an extra 10 mins too!

6. One girl went to the toilet at least 10 times in as many minutes, she seemed sick yet was there handing food! While the other 3-5 just stood around talking. There was almost ZERO customer service aside from bringing the food to the table.

OVERALL, terrible service! Bad experience! Funnily enough, this restaurant is where a Thai restaurant we visited 2 yrs ago was... in which almost the same group of people went through an identical experience, right down to the same two people being the ones without meals! Same owners perhaps?!?!?! I'd say being a small town you're not use to large (?) groups but then again you are a tourist hot spot so if you can't handle 8 people, not sure you'll be round long enough for the busloads of tourists (just like the Thai place before you).

Food was average, well I liked mine! I had a standard breakfast. Others didn't so much.They had the Canadian breakfast (x5 ppl), blueberry pancakes and chicken a la King, i think it was.

• Visited July 2014