“Were the staff on auto pilot?”

Darley's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Katoomba
Price range: US$10 - US$48
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Blue Mountains Best Dining Experience | Darleys Restaurant. Our Blue Mountains Restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine which is served in a romantic space that features beautiful stained glassed windows, original ornate fire places, crystal chandeliers and offers guests a breathtaking view of the surrounding gardens and the Jamison Valley. Open: 6.00PM - 10.30 PM : Tuesday to SaturdayA La Carte Menu2 Courses - $95 pp3 Courses - $125 ppNote: Weekends and public holidays - set price 3 courses $125 6 Course Degustation Tasting Menu $160 ppMatching Wines $75 pp
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As noted in earlier reviews we are locals and have been here several times over the years. The other night was our anniversary so we thought why not Darley's?
We were looking forward to an excellent night unfortunately this was not the case. The restaurant was not busy since it was mid- week and I knew things weren't going well when a martini that was ordered came just before the entrees. The wine which I requested to breathe before trying, did not come back to the table until after the entrees had arrived and we were nearly finished.
Unlike the female maitre d on our previous visit who was warm and professional the female maitre d the other night did not even give us a cursory glance - was it because we were 2 men dining or perhaps it may been our after shave. Who knows but it is very obvious when one hears the same person engaging in conversation with the German couple behind us and then moves to the next couple a few tables away.
This matter of fact attitude was present as we progressed through the courses - no warmth displayed, here it is!
Unlike Valentine's Day this was a completely forgetable evening except for the bill.

Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at Darley’s Restaurant at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa

I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for with our dinner service.

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured all issues raised will be addressed with our newly appointed Maitre'd

I hope I will see you again soon at Darley’s Restaurant

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to be staying at Lilianfels for the weekend and decided to dine at Darleys. We chose the 3 course option and although the choices are limited, about 3 or 4 for each course and with me being a pescatarian, I had no trouble making delicious choices.
Each course was beautifully presented and the freshness and flavours were simply outstanding.
The service was very polite and friendly for such an upmarket restaurant, not snooty at all.
For the 3 courses, 1 side, 1 beer and 1 soft drink the bill came to $280 for the 2 of us. So including the tip it totalled $300.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Darley’s Restaurant at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable dinner and our team that looked after you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The atmosphere in the restaurant was lovely. It is situated in an old home that has been tastefully renovated. Everything was beautiful, from the dinner plates to the stained glass windows. The food is locally sourced and beautifully prepared. I would recommend it for a special occasion or for simply spoiling yourself.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We loved the cocktails bit expensive at $25. Our meals were spot on the marron was a stand out . Exceptional service in a fine dining establishment . Everything was spot on.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Darley's is a grand dinning experience located in Lilianfels Hotel. The Menu and wine list were excellent. I appreciated the unique menu items that really excited my palate. The service was excellent. The restaurant itself had a luxurious feel with dark wall paper and a glorious fire. A perfect evening.

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable dinner and our team that looked after you and I appreciate your comments regarding our menu and wine list selection