“Good Food”

Price range: US$10 - US$48
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Blue Mountains Best Dining Experience | Darleys Restaurant. Our Blue Mountains Restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine which is served in a romantic space that features beautiful stained glassed windows, original ornate fire places, crystal chandeliers and offers guests a breathtaking view of the surrounding gardens and the Jamison Valley. Open: 6.00PM - 10.30 PM : Tuesday to SaturdayA La Carte Menu2 Courses - $95 pp3 Courses - $125 ppNote: Weekends and public holidays - set price 3 courses $125 6 Course Degustation Tasting Menu $160 ppMatching Wines $75 pp
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very nice meal. Restaurant was practically empty and we asked to sit nearer the fire but were flat out refused because a newly married couple were sitting there, he then told us to book it next time we came?. Surely there is more than one table near the fireplace?. Food was good but waiter seemed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder through out the evening. He cheered up tho once we left him a large tip.

1  Thank pakaxx
Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at Darley’s Restaurant at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable dinner however I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for.

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured these service issues raised will be addressed with our Maitre'd

I hope I will see you again soon at Darley’s Restaurant

Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the best restaurants we have ever had to privilege to dine in....Staff are the best I have seen in Australia,,and rate very highly ...Decor is stunning....There are fire places to sit and relax and have after dinner drinks...........

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was torn between marking Darleys as average and very good, the evening started off very well with a great bar tender who made us lovely martinis and was really friendly. We chose the truffle degustation menu and the food was beautiful, the service as good at the start of the night but it started to go downhill. Several times we waited with empty glasses for over 10 minutes and had to keep asking for refills, the gent in the black jacket who was as assisting seemed to be having a bad night as he was moody and slightly rude. The food was amazing but being sat behind the door we seemed to keep getting forgotten about halfway through the night as we sat with empty plates for extended periods of times.
Coupled with the wine issue we also ordered an apertif which was then forgotten about and we had to chase, the waitress was apologetic but did state the gent that I ordered from was a "runner" so probably forgot. Then to top the night off, we were overcharged. This was rectified but it just seemed the night went downhill midway through. What a shame as it started so positively. For a fine dining restaurant which cost $650 for 2 I really felt the service let the night down but the food was really good.

3  Thank Bairdy80

Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for with our dinner service.

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured all issues raised will be addressed with our Maitre'd.

I hope I will see you again soon at Darley’s Restaurant

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff were bright and intelligent and food was first class. The wagyu steak was the best I've ever had.

The only let down was the white line across the side of the wine glasses which purported to limit the amount of wine poured by the staff. This was tacky and a bit of an insult to the staff who I am sure were smart enough to know how much wine to pour.

3  Thank terry a

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable dinner and our team that looked after you. Thank you for your feedback regarding the wine glasses, I will follow this up with our Maître d'

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Brilliant food, great service and and excellent wine list. On a cold night, the restaurant was lovely and warm