When we arrived the front door was closed so we rang the bell but no answer. We then called the number listed on the front door but it went to voice mail. We then went around the back to find the manager outside smoking. Not sure why he didn't answer the phone but we went in the rear door and were shown our room.
The room was obviously not cleaned very well as there was dust all over the bed side tables etc so I cleaned then with a wet cloth.
Next we turned on the TV only to find the reception was not very good so off we decided to have a spa. We noticed that there was not enough hot water for the spa which we had paid an extra $25/night for so we went to bed.
Noise from other guests can easily be heard and this made it hard to go to sleep.
The bed moved around a lot when either of us turned over so this was another reason why we found it hard to sleep.
The next morning we had to go out to get breakfast as no breakfast was offered and when we returned we noticed that our door opened by simply pushing it.
I was quite upset at this as we had out laptop and other valuables in there and I was sure I had locked the door.
When I asked the manager who had been in our room he informed me that the door lock was not working properly and that it took some knack to close it properly and that any slight turn to much would cause it to not lock.
The only redeeming feature we found was free wireless Internet.
We would not stay there again and would recommend others look around for other Bed and Breakfast places as we are sure you could do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area.We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia