I am writing this review because there are very few recent ones and the older ones do not fairly represent the property.
It is a lovely old building with great atmosphere.
There is spacious on-site parking. The rooms were very clean and tidy.
Afternoon tea is provided in a very comfortable and attractive guest lounge.
Rooms are not huge but why should they be in this type of accommodation?
Our bed was very comfortable and had good quality linen.
There is a great selection of DVDs and TV reception was excellent.
Wi-fi reception was good in the main area of the property but hit and miss in our room. But..hey... it was included and at least it was there, unlike some places. These days I see it as an absolute essential.
The bathroom was very generously proportioned and had great hot water and pressure.
Breakfast was a real surprise. A great selection of cereals, cheeses, breads, fruits and yoghurt, along with croissants and muffins.
The employees we met were friendly and we were given a good tour of the place.
We enjoyed our brief stay here and will recommend it to our friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area.We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia